Leading Edge Rockerty

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

46u

Reaction score
Has any one dealt with these folks and had any trouble with service after the sale? Their web site is not working properly. I bought 3 micro kits from them and I am having problems with one of the kits. I have called them 3 times left a message with my phone number over 3 days in a row and they have not given me the curtsey of a call back. I cannot find an email address any where on their site even when it was working. What gets my business quicker then anything is customer service which seems they do not have.
Thanks
Jeff

One of the 3 kits have a Kevlar shock cord that is 3 times the OD size of the others and when you tie a knot in it the knot sticks out past the centering ring. I mic it and it is right at 3 times the OD. If this is the service they give I will never give them any more of my money.

Never come to your mind that may be the guy is in vacation, it's a hobby sit and relax

I had this same problem with Aerotech last week and, as it turns out, the warranty guy was on vacation. I spoke with him on Monday and he was very helpful.

Try again next week or the week after. Many of these rocketry sites are quite light on manpower.

I had this same problem with Aerotech last week and, as it turns out, the warranty guy was on vacation. I spoke with him on Monday and he was very helpful.

Try again next week or the week after. Many of these rocketry sites are quite light on manpower.

A good business mind person would put that on their phone recording if this was so.

One way to fix this would be to eliminate the knot entirely.

Assuming the instructions have you tie the cord around the engine tube, between the centering rings, instead do this:

Tack one end of the cord to the motor tube, between the rings. Wrap the cord around the motor tube once, and tack in place. When dry, coat that area in glue to secure the cord.

Done. Now just exit the cord per the instructions and you should be all set.

Hope this helps!

Jim

I saw Tim and his family at a remote desert Labor Day holiday launch on Saturday.
I told him that his website was down, and I'm sure he will get that taken care when he gets back in town.

John

Sort of Ditto what Jim is saying:

Eliminate the bulky knot by either simply wrapping the shock-line around the motor tube or use a Timber Hitch (go BSA) to lock in around the motor tube. As luck would have it I'm currently working on a T3 model with this exact type motor mount. See photos below.
The only trick is to make sure the foreword centering ring glue has completely dried before X-acto or needle filing a channel for the Kevlar to follow. Works like a champ, I've been using this method for years.
Hope this helpsl

MM 3xxuc01a_T3 Exocet Motor mount parts_08-31-13.JPG

MM 3xxuc01b_T3 Exocet Motor Mt & TimberHitch_08-31-13.JPG

MM 3xxuc01c_T3 Exocet MMT & Shockline_08-31-13.JPG

MM 3xxuc01d_T3 Exocet MMT ring fillets_08-31-13.jpg

MM 3xxuc01e_T3 Excoet MMT Installed in T3 body_08-31-13.jpg

Tack one end of the cord to the motor tube, between the rings. Wrap the cord around the motor tube once, and tack in place. When dry, coat that area in glue to secure the cord.

Hehe. I've been working with metal too much. My initial thought was "how are you supposed to weld cardboard?"

Never come to your mind that may be the guy is in vacation, it's a hobby sit and relax

I want to apologizes to every one particularly Leading Edge as they where indeed on a long weekend do to Labor Day. I did not think about this till after the fact. They called and are sending me the correct shock cord. SORRY ALL!
Thanks
Jeff

Good to their word more then enough shock cord arrived yesterday.
Thanks
Jeff

Back