My first micro build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

46u

Reaction score
Nothing special a Leading Edge Micro Patriot. I really need to sand it down and give it one more coat of paint. If the weather is good enough will have its first launch this Sunday.

DSCF7889.jpg

Nice. I want to get into micro rockets soon. They promise a world where I'd never lose a single rocket... Where l wouldn't have to walk long distances to find a rocket that drifted away... Sigh...

Nice. I want to get into micro rockets soon. They promise a world where I'd never lose a single rocket... Where l wouldn't have to walk long distances to find a rocket that drifted away... Sigh...

LOL, I've lost a bunch of micros. Little rockets seem to disappear in the grass and then magically reappear right after the mower goes over them. I've had streamer duration models drift as far as a quarter mile and boost gliders sail near that far. While preparing for a contest I had a half dozen micros hanging from the trees in my back yard. If the motors had another second or two of delay I would lose a lot more than I do now.

The good news is that if you lose a micro you can whip up another one in just a few minutes and for just a few pennies worth of parts. Plus they really are a lot of fun.

Great looking little micro patriot.

I'll Second Jeff's post! I've lost Lots of Micro's to high grass or simply not finding the model during decent. Out of sight is not that difficult when using standard cardboard or paper airframe Micros.
I'm 1/8A Nar competitions we routinely "thermal Away" Parachute, Streamer, Flex-Wing and Helicopter models. I've had a few Sport models catch a strong thermal with Teflon streamers taking them nearly a mile off the field.

If you keep the lift-off mass under 10grams it's easy to obtain out-of-sight flights with these little beasties. FUN to the UNTH!

Last edited:
Back