Cluster Airstart Help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkbait

Reaction score
I decided to augment my stretched 8" Cowabunga with 6 outboard 29mm's.
I would like to air-start 3 of the 29's 1.5 sec into the flight, then start the other three 29's 2 sec after that.
All motors would be CTI G's or H's. The AV-bay is set up with dual Perfectflite mini timer 4's & dual Stratologgers.
Question is will a standard 9v fire all 3 CTI igniters or do I need a different battery / ignitor combination.

I decided to augment my stretched 8" Cowabunga with 6 outboard 29mm's.
I would like to air-start 3 of the 29's 1.5 sec into the flight, then start the other three 29's 2 sec after that.
All motors would be CTI G's or H's. The AV-bay is set up with dual Perfectflite mini timer 4's & dual Stratologgers.
Question is will a standard 9v fire all 3 CTI igniters or do I need a different battery / ignitor combination.

The Mini Timer *should* fire 3 low current (CTI) e-matches using a standard 9V battery without issue. I use the Mini Timer 3 (older version) as my primary means of airstarting and staging with multiple e-matches. That said, it is wise to ground test with your exact intended setup. I believe you can initiate the g-switch on the Mini Timer by swinging it in a circle simulating launch.

-Eric-

Look at my "airstart igniter troubles w/PET2" thread below... Similar situation but I'm using Q2s. Bench tested with good success.

Ditto what Eric said, but you can also trigger the g-switch by just shorting it out with a clip-lead.
-Ken

Ditto what Eric said, but you can also trigger the g-switch by just shorting it out with a clip-lead.
-Ken

The new minitimer 4 uses an accel, not a simple g-switch.

Swing it around to test.

Back