Is there an Open Rocket for Ipad or anything similar?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hal8472

Reaction score
I have made the move away from my PCM but there are a few programs that have not also jumped. The handy thing with the IPad is that its easier to take to the launch site. Having a simulator on hand would be great so that I could adjust my calculations based on the specific conditions at the launch pad (such as wind conditions).

IPowerrocket, and Smart Launch are two you can look into.

Dennis

IPowerrocket, and Smart Launch are two you can look into.

Dennis

I have been using Smart Launch quite a bit. It is very handy in the field but I use it as a compliment to roc-sim. The quick index of motors at your fingertips is very handy, as well as the free flight velocity info and being able to adjust rod or rail heights is very easy. It also is handy as an aid to filling out your flight card if you took the time to put in accurate data about your rocket.

I'm not ready to give up my roc-sim yet but this was well worth the couple of bucks I spent on it.

Thanks. Funny the ipowerrocket only showed up fot the iPhone & not the pad. Good start thanks.

Not sure the current status, but OpenRocket used to have an Android app.

-->MCS

Back