RRC3 wiring question (especially for Jim Amos)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
Hello all,
My dad and I are wiring up my RRC3, and had a few questions (aimed at Jim Amos and any Beta Testers)

The circuit diagram shows the battery connected to the altimeter. This would mean that there is power to the altimeter when the battery is connected. This would break the rule of the fact that there is supposed to be NO power whatsoever until you connect the switch (the manual says that the power is supposed to be completely off when you connect the charges.) There are also 2 switch terminals, which we were going to connect a switch between the battery and the altimeter, and connect to the switch terminals. This would mean no power to the altimeter until we turn the switch on. How are we supposed to wire this so that we have a switch between the battery and the altimeter (AKA which terminals are we supposed to use)?

Is there a wiring diagram for a single battery anywhere that shows how to wire this so that I don't have power to the altimeter until the switch is activated?

Thanks
Blackbrandt and Blackbrandt's dad

Wire the switch to the switch terminals, wire the battery to the battery terminals.

When you hook up charges, make sure the switch is open (off), and you're safe.

-Kevin

Wire the switch to the switch terminals, wire the battery to the battery terminals.

When you hook up charges, make sure the switch is open (off), and you're safe.

-Kevin

This ^^^^^

Having a dedicated switch port is a must in my book!
I hate having to break into one the battery leads.

JD

Back