FIP Com Port issue

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frozenferrari

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I have downloaded the program, installed it, and then restarted the computer.
same results.

genimage-1.jpg

thanks
Happy flyin
Ryan

When that happens to me it's usually a broken USB Cable, maybe try another just to check?

I tried 4 different cables. 1 of which i am positive has worked before, on a different computer. 2 of which came from my GoPro cameras and definetly work, haha.

Last time I ran FIP and it worked, it was on an older Laptop, running XP if Im not mistaken.

Perhaps FIP dosent play so nice with 64bit windows 7 (seven) ?

If I recall correctly, I think that is an issue with not having the correct driver installed. Look under device manager and see if you have any yellow triangles in that section.

Nope, no triangles.
Furthermore, a friend just came over and brought her PC laptop. I went to Featherweight site and downloaded it onto her computer. same results.
Seems to be some kind of software bug.

I tried 4 different cables. 1 of which i am positive has worked before, on a different computer. 2 of which came from my GoPro cameras and definetly work, haha.

Last time I ran FIP and it worked, it was on an older Laptop, running XP if Im not mistaken.

Perhaps FIP dosent play so nice with 64bit windows 7 (seven) ?

The FIP works fine with Windows 7. Try running the FIP first and then plugging in your Raven. The FIP should give you a dialog box when it sees the com port get plugged in.

Nope.
Nothing seems to be working :(

Maybe there is an older version of the program I could download try?
I know it worked for me before..

I dont even see anything for "ports" like you have.

Sorry. Im not the dumbest kid on the block. I know my way around computers... but I wouldnt say im any more tech savvy than John Q public...

genimage-2.jpg

this was not my computer I get it on google, my Windows in French , you will have been confuse

2 thinks; they are hidden or they are not enable in the BIOS

go on the view menu of device manager, expand everything , if you have grayed device , uninstall them and restart, it should reinstall them.

It's an odd problem. On my laptop, I always have a few com ports there even if I don't have anything hooked up to them.

Nothing greyed out even with hidden things shown. Get into the BIOS of the computer? Are you sure thats a good idea? Ive downloaded and installed FIP onto three separate machines now, with the same results every single time...

Also, I can plug any other USB device into the computers and they all work fine... So wouldnt that mean that they are indeed enabled in my BIOS anyhow?

You have an odd problem and since you have tried it on 3 computers that eliminates an issue with the USB port. Is this the first time you have tried connecting this Raven to a computer or has it worked in the past?

GOT IT!!!

Dunno why.. But I uninstalled FIP, Restarted comp, RE INSTALLED FIP, Restarted COMP... and it worked this time... Not sure whats up...

Thanks for all the help guys! :)

Latest posts

Back