Sensational Headline: America losing to UK in Fliskits August DOM Contest!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daddyisabar

Oddroc scum. Mindsimmer.
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Adrian from the UK is going to walk away with all the Flis Bucks if there are none who will face the challenge from across the pond in the August DOM contest. Just think of all those Flis bucks being converted to Pounds Sterling, of all the tea floating in the harbor, of the White House burning, of the rockets red glare! Scratch build or DIE! Don't Tread on ME! Come on all you rocket buildin' 'Mericans! Give some modern day meaning to those slogans.

In the movie Old School, Joseph "Blue" Pulaski's last words were "Just ring the darn bell." So come on Old Farts, be like Old "Blue" in the movie and get up from Lazy Boy and get into the game. Just ring the bell and enter the DOM contest on the Fliskit's web page. Like Blue you don't have much time left, so don't miss out on the fun and just enter the dern contest. Show these kids what old school scratch buildin' with a balsa nose cone is all about.

Adrian from the UK is going to walk away with all the Flis Bucks if there are none who will face the challenge from across the pond in the August DOM contest. Just think of all those Flis bucks being converted to Pounds Sterling, of all the tea floating in the harbor, of the White House burning, of the rockets red glare! Scratch build or DIE! Don't Tread on ME! Come on all you rocket buildin' 'Mericans! Give some modern day meaning to those slogans.
Besides, if you enter and I win anyway, even more Flis bucks will enjoy the journey across the Atlantic. :) The rule is that if there's only one entry, it gets 10 Flis bucks; if there are only two, the winner gets $20 worth of kits; if there are three or more, the winner gets 30 Flis bucks. (Or, turning it around, the fact that I've got an entry in there means that if you win, you'll get a bigger prize than if I hadn't bothered.)

Don't worry about tea in the harbour. We prefer our tea brewed with fresh water. We'll use one of your lakes instead. But it is true that winter is approaching and you could save some tax dollars by replacing the White House's expensive heating system with original style central heating, i.e. a nice big fire.

Since Daddyisabar put several entries into the last few contests, I might do likewise. To remind you which rocket you're singing about when you get to that line of your national anthem, I'm considering entering this...
621congreve_small.jpg

Last edited:
Besides, if you enter and I win anyway, even more Flis bucks will enjoy the journey across the Atlantic. :) The rule is that if there's only one entry, it gets 10 Flis bucks; if there are only two, the winner gets $20 worth of kits; if there are three or more, the winner gets 30 Flis bucks. (Or, turning it around, the fact that I've got an entry in there means that if you win, you'll get a bigger prize than if I hadn't bothered.)

Don't worry about tea in the harbour. We prefer our tea brewed with fresh water. We'll use one of your lakes instead. But it is true that winter is approaching and you could save some tax dollars by replacing the White House's expensive heating system with original style central heating, i.e. a nice big fire.

Since Daddyisabar put several entries into the last few contests, I might do likewise. To remind you which rocket you're singing about when you get to that line of your national anthem, I'm considering entering this...
View attachment 143546

If I see entries like the rockets red glare and some of your good Kraut stuff - Rheinbolte and flying Trabant, I just might have to go with an all American Avro Lancster so we can have a real world wide contest for the coveted Flis bucks! But hurry, the end of the month is approaching fast! I know there are a few other Americans who could step up to the plate out there. Lets see your good stuff. And I ain't talkin' bowlers or cricket bats, I'm talkin' baseball, hotdogs, apple pie and Chevrolete.

This is an American Rocketry Forum and it is getting more cheer leading for the British? Is this why the Yanks can never win those scale contests over in the Eurozone?

Oh, they bought me lots of Guinness when I was there.

This is an American Rocketry Forum and it is getting more cheer leading for the British? Is this why the Yanks can never win those scale contests over in the Eurozone?
Sorry, I thought this was an international rocketry forum. :) Besides, Shrox can hardly cheer anyone except the UK when the only known entries this month are from over here!

With enough delicious English or Irish Stout and I could even watch their brand of football.
Football (UK and most of the world): a game in which a ball is moved around with the foot, hence the name "foot ball".
Football (US): a game in which a non-spherical object is moved around with the hands, thus demonstrating the US grasp of both geometry and anatomy. :D

I say it is an American forum, just try to get to the really good parts of the forum if you don't sing about the rocket's red glare. Yeah, they do give the foreigners some spaces to chat amongst themselves but when I need the formulas for the good stuff, I need to prove I am on the right side; Star and Stripes Forever!:)

You may have Footballer's wives in the UK but we have the DCC (Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders.):)

Shrox will soon have an American entry to cheer for, but maybe he will stick with the UK since it is an Aichi Val dive bomber. When I launch it I go over to the real conservative Old Farts and say "AHH SOO, I put bomb right down Yankee smokestack ... then I crash plane into other Yankee ship for glory of Emperor and Divine Wind." If that doesn't get them going I try for three Bonzai cheers, then I say "AHH SOO, you give me formula for rocket motor that makes boom boom for long time!" Such not Politically Correct behavior usually brings out their little black books with the good formulas and all the call girl numbers.:jaw:

Last edited:
I say it is an American forum, just try to get to the really good parts of the forum if you don't sing about the rocket's red glare.
I thought this was the good part. ;)

Shrox will soon have an American entry to cheer for, but maybe he will stick with the UK since it is an Aichi Val dive bomber. When I launch it I go over to the real conservative Old Farts and say "AHH SOO, I put bomb right down Yankee smokestack ... then I crash plane into other Yankee ship for glory of Emperor and Divine Wind." If that doesn't get them going I try for three Bonsai cheers, then I say "AHH SOO, you give me formula for rocket motor that makes boom boom for long time!"
"... three Bonsai cheers..." - is that some sort of appeal to a really small rocket-eating tree? :D

More seriously, at least this month there's a contest with more than one contestant! And since there are three entries, whoever wins is getting the full prize. :)

OOPS! I meant Bonzai with a “Z”, but my Yankee spell checker does not like that word or its spelling. But the Bonsai with an “S” will also work with the rocket eating trees. If only Bonsai trees were allowed on the range life would be a whole lot easier, except for really short folks launching Mosquitos.

The Contest section is a good part, but it is a hidden gem for the most part. Right now I do see 3 viewers though - WOW! Now the super secret and elite section where you need NSA clearance is a whole other story.

Three entries in the DOM contest! BIG MONEY is just waiting for you guys! Lets see all those crazy scratch builds! I know your stuff can compete with the silly airplane rocket, ancient artillery and TRES modification on there now!

OOPS! I meant Bonzai with a “Z”, but my Yankee spell checker does not like that word or its spelling.
Even a Yankee spell checker can't be wrong all the time. ;) This time it is correct, you need to replace a vowel rather than a consonant...

As for short folks launching Mosquitos, it's not the trees they need to worry about. It's the rocket-eating grass. But given your liking for rocket-propelled WW2 aircraft, how about this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Mosquito

The wooden wonder has some darn nice lines that would fit well with rocket parts. Lots of weight in the nose and spinners with 2 big motors would make it a real challenge to build, fly and recover.

Back