I Want A Black Brant Nosecone For An Aerotech G-Force Rocket.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
Is this a Part I can find, or will I have to make one? I'm going to get another G-Force next month, and I want a Black Brant style NC for it, just because I can. I intend to give it a Black and White Paint Scheme too, but it is not trying to be a Black Brant, just a resemblance. The G-Force utilizes a 4" BT, but as I have learned from reading here, parts compatibility can get fudged up easily, so I'm looking for a NC that will work with the Aerotech Kit.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

No one I know of makes a 4" conical plastic nosecone. Sandman or BMS or yourself is all I can think of, you're going to need a BIG hunk of balsa to turn one:eyepop:

WTF? I just want to buy a frickin' Nosecone. The Site I ended up at, would not even let me send an E Mail to someone who was out of stock on them. Are all of you Rocket Scientists that stuck up, that you don't have regular guy E-Mail, such as Yahoo. What is a Windows POP-3? I don't care to know, and if I have to make my own NC I will!!!!
I'm not Computer Literate, nor do I need to be to stuff an Engine in a Rocket and make a Parachute deploy.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

And, I don't care if it is "Cheap". I just want the damned Part already!!!

I also don't want Balsa, so if your NC is Balsa, that is not what I want.

$36 for a NC is nothing. I'm just angry that when I tried to leave an E-Mail with the Seller of this Part, that they are obviously "Too Good" for a lowly Rocketeer like me, and use weird E-Mail Formats.
No Wonder this Hobby has so few Followers.

Another well know hobby killer is impatience.

Relax, Madcow is one of the best companies out there.

PM me I have a used 4" Performance Rocketry conical nose cone I probably could part with.

WTF? I just want to buy a frickin' Nosecone. The Site I ended up at, would not even let me send an E Mail to someone who was out of stock on them. Are all of you Rocket Scientists that stuck up, that you don't have regular guy E-Mail, such as Yahoo. What is a Windows POP-3? I don't care to know, and if I have to make my own NC I will!!!!
I'm not Computer Literate, nor do I need to be to stuff an Engine in a Rocket and make a Parachute deploy.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

And, I don't care if it is "Cheap". I just want the damned Part already!!!

I also don't want Balsa, so if your NC is Balsa, that is not what I want.

$36 for a NC is nothing. I'm just angry that when I tried to leave an E-Mail with the Seller of this Part, that they are obviously "Too Good" for a lowly Rocketeer like me, and use weird E-Mail Formats.
No Wonder this Hobby has so few Followers.

Umm. WoW - you're an ass. You're not one for this hobby.

Good luck.

Krusty

I'm selling a BlackBrantII nose, yours if you want it. $200 + shipping
4inNose.jpg

Oh dear. *facepalm*

Madcow has nothing to do with your problem, it’s your computer that not setup properly, you probably have Microsoft Office with Outlook and it’s not setup, every website with a mail form will trigger the setup of Outlook. Call your internet provider they have free tech support ask them to help you to configure your Outlook email account. Find a good tech, this is something we fix in 5 minutes on the phones with a customer, free if it’s a regular one. But you already pay for this service from your Internet Provider.

Here the email

mike at madcowrocketry.com

replace the at with @ , and no space

Last edited:
Here is one from Rocketry Warehouse https://rocketrywarehouse.com/product_info.php?products_id=297 I know that their 3" version fit standard LOC tubing with a little sanding. I don't have any AT 4" tubing to measure. I would suggest measuring your tube and see how it compares to LOC. I would say that this is probably from the same supplier as the one sold by Madcow.

Here is one from Rocketry Warehouse https://rocketrywarehouse.com/product_info.php?products_id=297 I know that their 3" version fit standard LOC tubing with a little sanding. I don't have any AT 4" tubing to measure. I would suggest measuring your tube and see how it compares to LOC. I would say that this is probably from the same supplier as the one sold by Madcow.

Thank You. Sorry to everyone else who found my anger at Computer distasteful.
Created an Account at Rocketry Warehouse.

Oh, and thanks Area66. I get frustrated with Computers easily, but just need someone to explain things to me.

Last edited:
When you finally get the correct nosecone learn how and take your time and make a mold for the nosecone . Then you can layup a new nosecone when ever you need one :)

Bobby HamillNC 1.JPGNC 2.JPG

My question after reading all of this - Will the fiberglass Madcow nose cone fit the Aerotech tube? Sometimes these things are not always interchangeable...

Last edited:
If I end up with the wrong Nosecone, I'll chalk it up as a learning experience, and put it aside for a future build.

If a site pops up a reply in Outlook, simply copy and paste the "To" address to whatever email you use. In this case, it is: [email protected]
I'm guessing you filled out the form and encountered problems when you tried to send it. I don't use Outlook/email programs anymore either, don't really want to use my internet provider's email since it the address will change when I change services.

P.S. Oops I see the forum software's turning that into an email link to do the exact same thing again! But you should be able to copy and paste it still, or failing that just copy it by hand.

Last edited:
Back