Advice

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kehoes23

Reaction score
I will be fiberglassing my first body tubes this week end, I have all the supplies that I need watch all the videos that I can find numerous times, any advice or techniques you have or use will be helpful and appreciated. Thanks:cheers::handshake:

Make sure everything is laid out convenient to your reach, go through your intended operations in your mind while at your work area before you start. HAVE PAPER TOWELS AND GARBAGE CAN next to you and more gloves. Keep all distractions away. Once you have done it a few times, it's really simple. Main thing for me? Everything in place before starting, no exceptions!!!
-Ken

Make sure everything is laid out convenient to your reach, go through your intended operations in your mind while at your work area before you start. HAVE PAPER TOWELS AND GARBAGE CAN next to you and more gloves. Keep all distractions away. Once you have done it a few times, it's really simple. Main thing for me? Everything in place before starting, no exceptions!!!
-Ken

Mega+1. Prep EVERYTHING before mixing your epoxy. Keep a clean workspace, and make sure everything is in arm's reach.

Another tip is to put your epoxy mixing cup in ice water. This will extend your pot life greatly, and give you more time to set everything up. I never do a layup in summer without placing my mixing cup in cold water now.

Alex

Another tip is to put your epoxy mixing cup in ice water. This will extend your pot life greatly, and give you more time to set everything up. I never do a layup in summer without placing my mixing cup in cold water now.

Before you start, buy yourself a 5 quart bucket of ice cream. Then, over the next few days, consume the ice cream.

That big bucket makes a great container for mixing large amounts of epoxy in -- the broad, shallow container helps prevent the exothermic reaction from self-accelerating.

-Kevin

Thank you for all the great tips, I'll post pics when I get started.
:cheers::grin:

Back