Upscale/Downscale... Handy chart for figuring out what body tube scales to another.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a fan of upscaling classic rockets to the BT-60, but sometimes it's a PITA to remember what one body tube would scale up (or down) to. So, I decided to create this chart. Percentages are rounded to the nearest 1/100th.

So, if you wanted to upscale a BT-55 to a BT-60, you would take your original's length (say 18") and multiply it by 1.2355 (123.55%) and that gives you a length of 22.239" (about 22 1/4").

Hope this helps!
Jim

Last edited:
I'm a fan of upscaling classic rockets to the BT-60, but sometimes it's a PITA to remember what one body tube would scale up (or down) to. So, I decided to create this chart. Percentages are rounded to the nearest 1/100th.

So, if you wanted to upscale a BT-55 to a BT-60, you would take your original's length (say 18") and multiply it by 1.2355 (123.55%) and that gives you a length of 22.239" (about 22 1/4").

Hope this helps!
Jim

I painstakingly scale the whole design in Autocad via the body tube. That covers fins, trannys, NC....everything! I usually end up with a nose cone that's not readily available and wind up ripping one out on the lathe. My method covers everything though. Nice chart Jim.

Nice chart; thanks for sharing. I have been using the one Ol JR posted a link to, but since it is so chock full of tube sizes, it's kind of a pain to use. I think I'll print yours out and keep it handy!

Back