My 2013 Balls Project

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard the term "mach diamonds" a lot on here. What are they? Are they the dark spots in the flame?

Not sure exactly if it is the dark or bright spots, or the whole package. Google for complex physics explanation. It has to do with expansion and contraction of supersonic exhaust into the atmosphere that generates a type of standing shock wave. That is the extent of my understanding. Cool stuff though.

Cody, Chicks dig guys with carbon fiber rockets and mach diamonds!

James, I've got enough for another year or so. I will have money at Balls incase I can find some deals!

Wilson, I will be at Balls. I have one more launch before then. So, whatever is still running will get flown at Balls.

Tony

Cody, Chicks dig guys with carbon fiber rockets and mach diamonds!

James, I've got enough for another year or so. I will have money at Balls incase I can find some deals!

Wilson, I will be at Balls. I have one more launch before then. So, whatever is still running will get flown at Balls.

Tony

See you on the playa! Did you say you wanted to come up to fly at Brothers sometime, as well?

Back