Best place to buy?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

46u

Reaction score
I see Fliskits sale the Micro but who else does as well. Where is the best place to buy the Quest MicroMaxx as well. I see they are fairly much on back order they must be real popular.
Thanks
Jeff

I buy most of my motors direct from Quest, the 24 motor bulk pack is a pretty good deal. BMS is where I buy tubing and centering rings. I make all of my own nosecones from spruce dowel stock. You can also make your own tube stock by rolling paper around a 1/4inch dowel.

FlisKits also sells the micromaxx motors and we recently announced a micro starter set as well.

Jim

Thanks but I am finding places the sell quite a bit cheaper then Quest. In my situation every penny counts. I have low and mid power rockets but looking for something to launch in a small area. I all so want the smaller ones to teach my grandchildren.
Thanks
Jeff

Thanks but I am finding places the sell quite a bit cheaper then Quest. In my situation every penny counts. I have low and mid power rockets but looking for something to launch in a small area. I all so want the smaller ones to teach my grandchildren.
Thanks
Jeff

Jeff:
The Very best way to purchase MMX Motors CHEAP is in bulk. If your in a MR Club get together with members to put in a multi case (72 motors per case) order through your favorite LOCAL Hobby shop. We did this a few years back. I order 5 cases personally along with 5 or 6 other member case orders which go the cost down to .46 per motor with NO shipping charge at all.

Second best method is by the 72motor cases, purchased in 2 or more case lots directly from Quest. I generally Call the Service department directly to place such orders. MMX-II motors were Cat #5663, I think they may have changed it recently to #5131.

When it comes to pinching those hobby fund money pennies sometimes you have to spend a few extra dollars to get the individual cost to a reasonable level, That's why I try to buy my parts, tubes and such in quantities, This gives me flexibility to build just about anything I want without Paying premium prices or having to wait for the delivery man;)

Hope this helps.

Back