CONTRAIL HYBRID CLUSTER

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jason, nope unfortunatelly. only 2 of 3 rockets went in the air...see subforum "why not hybrids" ... My new ignitors obviously refused the service in the cluster... I will need to check this week. Nothing happend, it just refused to work. I will give him a new try in 4 weeks with new ignitors in our coming club session.

What were you using for lighters? The Contrail ones? I'm going to use standard e-matches that I always use for the motors. Same ones I use for my ejection charges. My flight attempt should go this Saturday!

Jason

Well I had the chance to fly my cluster of 3 Contrail J-416 Sparky motors on Saturday. All I can say is that I'm still pumped! :) I don't do pictures or video but I know lot's of guys who did so I will post them when I get them. The sound was unreal! And the sparks were unreal as well! The rocket is an upscale LOC Norad. 5.5" down to 4". It was about 35lbs loaded with nitrous. Very sweet flight to about 3000 feet.

Jason

YEAAHHH!!! Jason, welcome to "3C"....the most exclusive rocketry organisation in the world...we are 2 *lol*...the Contrail Cluster Club...you get life membership #2 ...

Now PICS and Videos please, the audience is listening and very excited :))

So straight off with one of the best shots I've seen yet. The rocket is 10 feet tall so you figure out how long the spark trail is!norad_sparks.jpg Photo credits to Brad!

Jason

And a video of the launch from Ken. [video=youtube_share;jce8uBx9VR4]https://youtu.be/jce8uBx9VR4[/video] The HyperTEK I flew is at about 2:40. The cluster is close to the start.

Jason

Jason, the cluster was amazing to see and hear!

That tail of sparks it left was like the energizer bunny commercials. It keeps going and going... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Last edited:
Back