Cluster R Navy Strike

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apburner

APBurner
Reaction score
So I was going thru my rocket stuff from a previous rocket life. :) I found an OLD kit still in the bag. As the post name says it was a Cluster R Navy Strike size 2.6 . They also made a 4" version. I had it and loved it on an AT I211. Anyway. I pulled out the fins and did some measurements and then threw together an Open rocket file. It is not a complete file but has the proper lengths of Body tubes and the fins sizes. as well as the strakes though the strakes are as remembered since the instructions say nothing about the length. The fin positions are as remembered also for same reason.
I hope this one is enjoyed as much as I enjoyed them. These are great looking rockets.

Steve

View attachment navy strike.ork

Oops just realized that the rocket the Navy Strike was not by Cluster R but by a company called Rocket R & D. Sorry for any confusion. I have found pictures of their rocket kits in the following thread and the navy strike 2.6 and 4 inch are the ones in the far right picture of the second post and are the far right two rockets.My avitar is of a 4inch and a 5.5inch I was building when I got out of HPR back several years ago. Fortunately I never throw anything away and still have them. I am not in the process of finishing them. The 4 inch flys on 38mm and the 5.5 is a 54mm mount. If I ever do a level 3 cert it will be with an upscale of this rocket to 7.5inch, with a 75mm motor mount.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...-amp-D-and-THOY-Prices-Pictures-Kit-Specs-etc

Last edited:
I flew the 4 inch I had on an i211. When it took off we saw a contrail in between. The two sets of fins

Back