220 Swift variations

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodRocket

Reaction score
Been playing with Open Rocket and came up with these variations on the 220 Swift. Took measurements from Estes kit#0810

First I got the stock kit dimensions, then built those dimensions with micro maxx power, also an up-scale to 4 inch body tube.

Only had to adjust the 4in nose cone a bit to fit the cone I have. Going to trim down a mega max kit body tube that I picked up without a nosecone for parts.

Still adjusting fine details.

Gonna be fun flyers.

See ya,
Rod

View attachment 220 Swift.ork

View attachment MicroMaxx220 Swift.ork

View attachment 4inch220 Swift.ork

Very cool . 220 swift is upscaled a lot . I will do one at some point but will finish up my 6 x hi flyer (4') and my 2.6 x I think big bertha (4.25) OR is great for scaling up and down and like it much better than roc sim . Better 3D

Actually, I built a full scale 220 Swift with a micromax motor mount and nose blow recovery (in addition to the mmx tube, motor clip and two centering rings, I also had to add the nose cone recovery cap from another NC- 5. I just used cotton thread for a shock cord. Flies great on a mmx motor and I always get it back! ;)

Saw the cricket and that was the rocket that helped me to decide to use the left over parts from a nose cone swiped mega max kit.

We had a 4 in Quark launch during Airfest and it only fueled the want to get the Swift done.

But I may take some builders artistic license and keep the stock mega max body tube at full length, after measuring and seeing just how short the Swift will end up.

Back