Paper fuzz on my papered fins....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketMike

Reaction score
OK I messed up. I had gotten some small splotches of glue off my fingers onto my papered fins so I got it off by lightly sanding them with 400 grit sandpaper. Now that I've started applying primer, I can see some "fuzz" and I'm realizing that any sanding of the paper surface wasn't such a good idea. How do I get rid of the fuzz? Will sanding the primer coat fix it or is it just going to compound the problem?

It actually appears to be going away now with more light sanding of the primer coat. Starting to look good!! Just time to exercise some patience with the primer so I have a nice smooth surface for the finish coat. I have definitely had to force myself to learn patience with paint over the years!

I have this issue with paper tubes and paper laminations. I have found that if I prime well, then wet sand, the fuzzies are killed outright and tend to not reappear with the degree of sanding I do at that point.

Yep, just shoot a little more primer and sand the primer down smooth-- the fuzzies will go away...

Later and good luck! OL JR :)

Back