Levels of certification

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odo

Reaction score
I keep hearing about these levels of certification.
I am new to this hobby and dont know too much yet, could someone explain what all this means? I dont want to do something illegal by accident or something :eyeroll:

Oh that makes sense.
I havent gone any bigger then a c-6-7 so Im sure this wont be a problem anytime soon!
Thanks for the response!

Yea. You think that now. :) It's addictive and progressive.
I once said I'd never launch anything bigger than a G, why bother? Yep. that didn't last.

I once said I'd never launch anything bigger than a G, why bother? Yep. that didn't last.

+1
Boy, is that the truth,,,,,,,
That was toooooo funny,,,,,,,,,,
I hope you don't mind if I occasionally hijack that line............
I'm honestly beginning to think about becoming certified myself to fly a tank to Jupiter...........

Teddy

He's 15 and has that hurdle to cross first :) At least he's going about the right way and not trying to blow smoke up our arses. He's even learn how to tell what a BS'er is...and we do get some that really like to pile it deep ;)

He's 15 and has that hurdle to cross first :) At least he's going about the right way and not trying to blow smoke up our arses. He's even learn how to tell what a BS'er is...and we do get some that really like to pile it deep ;)

And at least Im not trying to drop car batteries onto people from 700 feet using a rocket propelled by Rcandy and is controlled with an Arduino board making radio waves to "move the flame around"
:facepalm:
Also that "tank to jupiter" comment made me laugh so hard. Best mental image.

I think TRA has a mentoring program and NAR has junior L1 certs. I don't know the details though. No time like the present to start.

Your on the right track. Keep up the good work! You can work on junior level certification.

He's not even trying to use a joystick!

And.... the flight has to be after you are 18. Think how awesome of a L1 flight you can build/plan in 3 years :)

odo- you're doing it right man keep it up and lets see some build photos.

He's not even trying to use a joystick!

And.... the flight has to be after you are 18. Think how awesome of a L1 flight you can build/plan in 3 years :)

odo- you're doing it right man keep it up and lets see some build photos.

Thanks! :)
SRBS of my SLS.
Satisfied? :D
SRBS.jpg

+1
Boy, is that the truth,,,,,,,
That was toooooo funny,,,,,,,,,,
I hope you don't mind if I occasionally hijack that line............
I'm honestly beginning to think about becoming certified myself to fly a tank to Jupiter...........

Teddy

Why limit yourself to only a tank to Jupiter... I wanna meet the guy who gets a battleship to Pluto!

Is that a katana behind the SRBs? I would not keep sharp weapons close to the build area. Extreme frustration should be limited to bad words.

Mike

You might look into NARTREK.....it's a fun program for NAR Members....a great way to get started and work your way up to HPR Level 1.....I completed the Bronze level at the last Club Sport Launch....working on Silver now....

Hey I'm 50 years old and just now getting back into model rockets. My eventual goal is to get to at least level 1 certification but I imagine that will be several years down the road when my hobby budget will actually allow it.
I intend to do the NARTREK myself and I do already drool at the Estes Pro Series II kits every time I'm in Hobby Lobby. Anything beyond those is just dreaming at this point though.

I intend to do the NARTREK myself and I do already drool at the Estes Pro Series II kits every time I'm in Hobby Lobby. Anything beyond those is just dreaming at this point though.

Print out a 40% coupon and get one....that's what I used to buy mine....(so far)

Hey I'm 50 years old and just now getting back into model rockets. My eventual goal is to get to at least level 1 certification but I imagine that will be several years down the road when my hobby budget will actually allow it.

Here's a really cheap airframe. I've seen lots of them used for rockets. It should work fine for an inexpensive and fun L1.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2995397

Back