Baby Bertha

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odo

Reaction score
I was thinking about picking myself up a baby bertha for 10 bucks at hobby lobby, but didnt know if it was worth it.
I was gonna paint it black and yellow and call it Bumble Bee Bertha, that name alone is worth it to me but can anyone give me some reviews?

I have one. It's a fun, sturdy small field rocket. If you get one from Hobby Lobby be sure to use a 40% off coupon. Or go to AC Supply and get it at 40% off. Shipping is free if you spend enough ($100 if i recall correctly).

I have one. It's a fun, sturdy small field rocket. If you get one from Hobby Lobby be sure to use a 40% off coupon. Or go to AC Supply and get it at 40% off. Shipping is free if you spend enough ($100 if i recall correctly).

I meant actually go to the store haha.
Where can I get a coupon? Saving moneys always good :)

You can get Hobby Lobby's coupon by downloading their app on a smart phone or you can print it from their website or facebook page

Awesome thanks for the hobby lobby coupon :) With the amount of money I spend there now for rocketry supplies its always nice to get 40% off!

I was thinking about picking myself up a baby bertha for 10 bucks at hobby lobby, but didnt know if it was worth it.
I was gonna paint it black and yellow and call it Bumble Bee Bertha, that name alone is worth it to me but can anyone give me some reviews?

Well some have a soft spot for Berthas of all sizes cause we grew up with them. Besides the nostalgia factor, it's a great LPR flyer. Worth ? I say heck yeah !

DSC01749 (533x800).jpgDSC01750 (800x533).jpg

You know about rocketreviews, right ?

https://www.rocketreviews.com/estes-industries-baby-bertha.html

Well some have a soft spot for Berthas of all sizes cause we grew up with them. Besides the nostalgia factor, it's a great LPR flyer. Worth ? I say heck yeah !

View attachment 139711View attachment 139712

You know about rocketreviews, right ?

https://www.rocketreviews.com/estes-industries-baby-bertha.html

I really like the retro theme of it too so :)
Im also looking to get some more experience in before I being construction on my Dr Zooch SLS.
Ive gone through hell to get it, I dont want to screw it up due to lack of experience!

I've built two. Built second one with 1/8 balsa fins,first one the fins warped.Was kinda cool though,rocket would spin on way up.Fles great on C6-5.

I've built two. Built second one with 1/8 balsa fins,first one the fins warped.Was kinda cool though,rocket would spin on way up.Fles great on C6-5.

Great cause I've got 4-5 packs of C-6-5 :) Tomorrow Ill pick one of these up, using my shiny 40% off coupon.
6 dollar rocket FTW!

Back