Death Star

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tesla

Reaction score
Hi. I am building my first rocket in over ten years and am having some problems. According to the instructions I was supposed to have pushed the adapter ring to the 1" mark. I was not quite able to get it to that mark (about 1/16" away from it). On the net step I was supposed to have pushed a tube coupler 1/2 inch into a slotted body tube. Again I was not quite able to align the tube exactly according to the instructions. I am hoping I did not completely ruin this model to the point where I will not be able to fly it. It is straight. Apparently they don't make this model anymore.

Are you referring to the old Estes kit?

estes-death%20star%202143-facecard.jpg

Yes. I had it lying around the house but never bothered to build it until now :D

They may not make this model anymore but I’m willing to bet that many of the parts, tubes, couplers, and centering rings are standard OEM parts and can be purchased from many dealers.

Even if it is a non-standard item, such as a weird sized centering ring, you can always make your own.

All the parts on this kit except for the Death Star And the plastic tabs to make it a nose come are standard parts.

by 'slotted body tube', I'm guessing you mean the motormount tube into which you cut the obligatory 1/8" slot. As long as the coupler is straight, well glued and mostly in place, you should be all right. The adapter ring is probably okay at ±1/16"

The thing flew beautifully. The Death Star exploded into 4 parts like it was supposed to.

Please cease your Rebel Scum Propaganda.
It was called 'Freedom Station I' before the mad bomber destroyed it
(which we all know was an inside job)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back