Mini Ho-Jo

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgreger

Reaction score
Went to Hobby Lobby yesterday hoping they re-stocked PS-II motors but they haven't gotten anything new since I bought all of them! So I picked up a mini Ho-Jo and built it last night. Done except for the water slide decals. I also used the gorilla glue and a couple drops of water in the nose to hold the clay. I was amazed how well it works! The paint on the package seems a bit shiny, I used the Rustoleum Camo series Green and will flat clear coat it once the decals go on.
As long as the weather is nice on sunday I'm going to fly it along with my mini Red Max, Fletcher, and Badmitton Birdie at the local elementary school just to burn some BP since the next club launch isnt for another 3 weeks!

image-423768763.jpg

image-2447413810.jpg

Last edited:
The mini HOJO flies great. The only problem you can have is the olive drab paint scheme does make finding it in grass a bit tricky; so use a colorful streamer or chute for recovery.

This is a great little rocket! do They still include a 12" chute with that one?
If so IMHO discard it and put streamers or a 6" on it.
The 12" chute rarely deploys and is hard to pack in a teeny tiny body tube like that one. Mine burned up repeatedly even with recovery wadding just because of the distance to the motor (which tends to be ejected due to the lack of a motor hook. I have actually recently been flying mine W/O a parachute or streamer at all. the nice thing is because of the light weight and small fins there has yet to be any damage to mine!

Nute,
Yes still comes with the 12" chute. I had no problems with mine opening, flew on a 1/2A-3T it went perfectly straight and landed about 15ft from the pad. Fun rocket to build and fly! Decals are something else entirely! I applied a bunch yesterday while I was waiting for the filler to dry on the Patriot build. have to clear coat them today. Print on them was so small you can barely read it! lol

The decals are great!
Does it really help that much to clear coat them? I've never done that, but have considered it...

if for some reason they get wet again yes, I have had on occasion the edges or corners start to peel up.

Back