Mini Max!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Reaction score
Just gotta stop goin to Hobby Lobby!:) Never been much of a streamer guy, so i cut down a perfectly good 12" chute to about 8"....seems to be a good fit, thanks to a chubby body tube!BB&MM 026.jpgBB&MM 025.jpg

Love the Max's! They are my favorites....here's my pair:

The Maxes.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality...I cropped it from a bigger picture...Mega Max is on my "To Build" list....and if I come across a vintage Great Big Max I'll snag it if it isn't big $$$.

I got one of the Mini Max's that had a balsa nose cone. It has many wonderful flights with my "trash bag" parachute. The nose cone is getting a bit beat up from A10-3T launches. No problem with 1/2 A motors though and I'll try an A3 next.

My "regular" Der Red Max is perfect on an B6-4. A little hot on a C6-5 for my tastes.

My DRM is the same...awesome flights on a B6-4....perfect apogee deployments.....nice flights and not too far to walk. C6's and it moves out.....but man the walk......

Love the Max's! They are my favorites....here's my pair:

View attachment 138653

Sorry for the poor quality...I cropped it from a bigger picture...Mega Max is on my "To Build" list....and if I come across a vintage Great Big Max I'll snag it if it isn't big $$$.
Are you talking about the Big Red Max? If so,it's time to learn to kit bash.Get the Der Red Max kit and a Big Bertha kit.Switch the fins and nose cones--then you will have Big Red Max and Baby Bertha.:clap:

Are you talking about the Big Red Max? If so,it's time to learn to kit bash.Get the Der Red Max kit and a Big Bertha kit.Switch the fins and nose cones--then you will have Big Red Max and Baby Bertha.:clap:

That's great! Are they really that simple? The 2 kits? The only difference with a Great Big Max is the Bertha body? I'm gonna build them either way though...I'll put it in the queue. Next up after the Leviathan is the Saturn V.

That's great! Are they really that simple? The 2 kits? The only difference with a Great Big Max is the Bertha body? I'm gonna build them either way though...I'll put it in the queue. Next up after the Leviathan is the Saturn V.
Yes it's very easy and you will still have two complete rockets,plus you will have DRM decals.
The Big Red Max was only offered in a starter kit. The DRM and the BDRM used same decals.All you need now is the Mega Max

Flew my Mini Max on saturday on a 1/2A3-3T straight up, good delay and a few feet from the pad, guessing about 200ft. Flew right after my Mini Ho-Jo on same motor that went straight and only about 150ft! Its alot heavier! Very fun flyers!
Flew the Mega a couple weeks ago on a G80-7T great straight flight, these Maxs are awesome flyers!

Yes it's very easy and you will still have two complete rockets,plus you will have DRM decals.
The Big Red Max was only offered in a starter kit. The DRM and the BDRM used same decals.All you need now is the Mega Max
One thing I forgot,the Big Bertha fins are a little larger than the Baby Bertha,but this will not be a problem.If you don't point it out,most people will not notice.

I put mine through the wash... :(

Krusty

LOL! I built 'Der Kinder Max' from an Estes Quark kit. It flies great on a 1/2A. Surprisingly enough, I haven't lost it to the long grass yet!

Back