Baby Bertha

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another low cost model rocket to build....and FLY!:)View attachment 138299

Hey that's a nice one! I have one of those around here some where... maybe I'll go dig it up and fly it this Sunday. Got a nice TFR 9" "thin mill" nylon chute that I could try with it!!! Yeah - thanks for your post - you triggered my remembery :)

Gotta love Bertha, baby or otherwise. Diggin the blue and white.

Looks great! Love the shade of blue.

I have one that has probably 50 launches on it. It just keeps on flying. These are great little rockets!

Nice rocket- I was thinking of buying one - should I?

v

Many, many THANKS for the kind words guys...its pretty obvious that my paint jobs are, to say the least, very "basic"! I just dont have the talent or patience to do complicated stuff, so i just try to settle for "clean"! I went for blue because:
1- It occurred to me that i dont have one single rocket with ANY blue in it!
2- I remember a picture in an old Estes catalog (#671, i think!) of a kid standing next to, or launching a BIG Bertha that was blue and white....kinda weird, huh?:) Voxels, if you read this.....OF COURSE YOU SHOULD BUY ONE! BUY IT, BUILD IT, LAUNCH IT! 'cause thats what we do......!:lol:

That looks simply amazing. great job taking the design to a complete nuther level. It is sweet.

NOW LAUNCH THAT FORKER

Nice, I just bought a Baby Bertha kit (for what turned out to be irrelevant reasons, but let's not go into that) myself. I've got a couple other kits I want to finish first, though, or maybe my son will want to build it. If I do it, I'm leaning toward the 1970s Big Bertha paint scheme. Or possibly 1969. I was googling up those images the other day but I missed the gallery linked above by Foamy, so thanks!

Built 1 kit and 1 clone.Clone has 1/8 thick fins and 1/8 lite ply rings and kevlar cord to elastic cord.It's almost bullet proof.Loves C6-5s.

Back