Starship Vega -Semroc Kit - Not really a build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosterdude

Reaction score
If you're into rocketry, and haven't built at least one of these something is wrong! Been along time since Ive built one of these, and of course this is another nice kit from Semroc. Easy kit to build, not to bad to finish if you prime along the way.

Hey, I've got some old pliers that are primered just like yours. :)

Very nice (not really) build threads - this and the SLS Hustler.

Last edited:
Hey, I've got some old pliers that are primered just like yours. :)

Very nice (not really) build threads - this and the SLS Hustler.

I think I got those pliers at Lowes for a buck, I bought a bunch of them just for this use. :)

This "not really a build" thread is more of a build thread than those where the FIRST sentence of the FIRST post is, "I just finished putting the paint job on an..."

I like your priming pliers too! Keep posting pictures. And next time, take more pictures earlier. Heh.

Cool rocket, one my all time favorites. I too have a pair of vice grips that looks like that, a very handy tool when it's time to paint.

Making some progress, the legs are installed. Still have to fillet and blend them in. Hopefully I won't forget to install the launch lugs.

As always she look great and should be good flyer. What brand of paint is the Gloss white?

I missed this in the summer when you posted...but that is a great shot of BB61 and BB63....those ships may be 75 year old designs by now..but they are just beautiful ships!

Best looking ships ever built!

Booster...I do some work in downtown Camden.....the USS New Jersey (The Big J) is moored right by my parking garage...maybe a couple hundred yards at the most....she just looks menacing sitting there...I love the US Fast Battleships from WWII....they all look cool...I kinda like the North Carolina myself....but damn were those ships just beautiful designs...I also love some of the nick names the crews gave them..I think the USS Indiana was called the "Hoosier Houseboat", the Massachusetts was the Big Mamie...South Dakota was known to the public as Battleship X but to her crew, she was called the Big Bastard...

Best looking ships ever built!

Booster...I do some work in downtown Camden.....the USS New Jersey (The Big J) is moored right by my parking garage...maybe a couple hundred yards at the most....she just looks menacing sitting there...I love the US Fast Battleships from WWII....they all look cool...I kinda like the North Carolina myself....but damn were those ships just beautiful designs...I also love some of the nick names the crews gave them..I think the USS Indiana was called the "Hoosier Houseboat", the Massachusetts was the Big Mamie...South Dakota was known to the public as Battleship X but to her crew, she was called the Big Bastard...

Most of us engine room Sailors referred to our ship as The Pig, Enterprison or Enemaprise....... But that seems to have little to do with Starship Vega.......

Inspirational work there .....congrats and thanks for sharing ( even though its made me feel inadequate :) )

Back