K and S Rockets site pushing to eBay now....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mail what in Dan?:confused:

A USPS fraud complaint? Already been filed...Twice...I no longer want the rocket, I want my money back..

I do believe in the process of slow documentation. It is very powerful. It will catch up to these guys. Not what anyone wanted or hoped for, but it will work.

Some people just need to get rolled up on . Other people are just POS's. No ill will by my coment , just somebody who has waited nearly a year for product that was paid for .

Eric

Do not take that the wrong way. I admire that to a point. Most my self included would be wound up by now and looking for their heads on a stick. You on the other hand have kept an up beat additude the whole way along with trying to contact them and get this resolved. bravo!

Dennis

It is better not cause an ulcer. Worry is wasted energy.

That being said - I believe in full disclosure. I do not want anyone else to fall for the trap.

Texas Rocketry Supply had a special last Thanksgiving. I ordered a kit and sometubing. At first, he blamed LOC for a few months. Email traffic was sparse and slowed to a craw. Now it is nonexsitant.

After months of poor email traffic and excuses. I used my resources to find out the truth (specifics do not needed). I confronted him by email. He finally offered a refund in May or June. Still no refund. Reports he is trying to raise the cash. I hope he is man of his word and finally delivers a refund.

I am trying to be understanding of the difficult times in our economy but it still makes me angry.

I am trying to be understanding of the difficult times in our economy but it still makes me angry.

Character is character regardless of the situation/circumstances...

Some people have it, some people don't...

Taking advantage of customers who are dealing with you in good faith is never right, period. There are always honorable alternatives instead of being a crook...

Later! OL JR :)

Character is character regardless of the situation/circumstances...

Some people have it, some people don't...

Taking advantage of customers who are dealing with you in good faith is never right, period. There are always honorable alternatives instead of being a crook...

That is true, but anger and hatred helps no one to include you.

That is true, but anger and hatred helps no one to include you.

That's true... I don't have a dog in this hunt anyway, I'm just making an observation...

Sorry you guys lost money, and maybe those that have stiffed you will make it right in the end-- if they have any character at all they will... if not, well, I dunno about you, but I feel sorry for them... Money comes and goes, but lack of character isn't easily fixed...

Sad to say, but we've seen it before, and we'll probably see it again from some vendors in this hobby... and from some in every other area in life too no matter what it is... Makes us appreciate decent square-dealing folks all the more IMHO...

Crooks and cheats will get theirs in the end...

That's true... I don't have a dog in this hunt anyway, I'm just making an observation...

Sorry you guys lost money, and maybe those that have stiffed you will make it right in the end-- if they have any character at all they will... if not, well, I dunno about you, but I feel sorry for them... Money comes and goes, but lack of character isn't easily fixed...

Sad to say, but we've seen it before, and we'll probably see it again from some vendors in this hobby... and from some in every other area in life too no matter what it is... Makes us appreciate decent square-dealing folks all the more IMHO...

Crooks and cheats will get theirs in the end...

That is a great point. Thanks for adding your prospective.

That is a great point. Thanks for adding your prospective.

Is that like a PERSPECTIVE?? LOL:)

Sorry had to go there... wife's an English teacher and does me the same way... LOL:)
(on those extremely rare occasions when I make a mistake...)

Is that like a PERSPECTIVE?? LOL:)

Sorry had to go there... wife's an English teacher and does me the same way... LOL:)
(on those extremely rare occasions when I make a mistake...)

Not a big deal. My native language is not English....It is West Virginian.

Just kidding. Thanks for pointing that out. I have trouble with that word.

Not a big deal. My native language is not English....It is West Virginian.

Just kidding. Thanks for pointing that out. I have trouble with that word.

Ah... the language of the venerable General Chuck Yeager... very good...

Oh well, some of us are "math brained" and some are "language brained"... doctors and scientists and engineers and stuff tend to be math brained and "the rest of us" are language brained... I know that I often laugh out loud when reading the nasaspaceflight.com forums because, despite the posts being from some of THE most preeminent scientists and engineers in a given field or expertise, the spelling, grammar, and word choice is often just atrocious... but then again, they'd laugh at my fumbling attempts at mathematics... LOL:)

LOL:) Later! OL JR :)

There's a part of me that wonders if everyone could file a claim in their local small claims court, to generate pressure to provide product, or provide refunds? Or would each local court say that it's out of their jurisdiction?

I don't know the answer.

-Kevin

There's a part of me that wonders if everyone could file a claim in their local small claims court, to generate pressure to provide product, or provide refunds? Or would each local court say that it's out of their jurisdiction?

I don't know the answer.

-Kevin

Kevin,

That is a good question. I will ask the question. I know a few good lawyers.

I suspect you would have to file it locally where the business is physically. The inetrnet makes things complicated.

Did anyone who was badmouthing him in these threads get their shipment in that last round? I wonder if he's secretly reading this and shipping accordingly.

I think you guys have some great ideas, but if he doesn't have the funds to refund your money the best you can expect would be to have your merchandise delivered. It is unfortunate to see this happen, but I hope he does come forth and make good on his word.

Small claims court won't help much because you're responsible for collecting the claim from the defendant if you win. So, you'd be pretty much back to where you started.

-- Roger

Small claims court won't help much because you're responsible for collecting the claim from the defendant if you win. So, you'd be pretty much back to where you started.

-- Roger

I've been involved in a small claims court incident and I won and I was never able to collect. Look at it this way. K&S will never do business again based on this because I seriously doubt anyone here whether you bought from him or not will continue to. I'm sure you guys that are still waiting won't have nothing to do with him again whether you collect or not. It's sad because it affects our whole community and the community we have is a niche market. I look at you guys as brothers and with that in mind I would always go the extra mile for you. It's just really sad to see this happen. I've never witness such a complete disregard for people / customers. No one deserves to be stiffed out of their merchandise / money.

I don't know the answer.

-Kevin

The local court likely has personal jurisdiction (meaning that it has power to award damages against the person who breached the contract). I don't know whether K&S is a legal entity or not. If it is, a judgment would be worth nothing. Even a judgment against individuals is not easy to enforce. My suggestion, chalk it up to experience.

That reminds me of the first car my wife and I bought. As we were leaving the dealership, feeling that we spent too much, my wife said, "I wish we could go to the experience store and buy some experience." In what may be the only time in my life that I said something clever, I said, "honey, we just did."

Lawsuits are a bad idea. They cost too much in time, money and emotion. Chalk it up to experience and forget about them. You will be happier.

Back