K and S Rockets site pushing to eBay now....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Involving a lawyer and the courts in this wouldn't be prudent on his part, I don't think. There happen to be regulations regarding taking money in advance and not delivering product within 30/50 days.

-Kevin

Hate to tell ya'll but I got my 4" Viper kit a few months ago. Maybe it was due to the fact that I'd bought three other kits from him. Maybe it was the daily e-mails he got from me for several weeks.

Honestly, the Viper was a big disappointment. Nose cone quality sucks (maybe these are seconds? Seams were very thin). Laser cannons and fins are going to snap off on the first flight without fiberglassing. I've already bent them. No altimeter bay. Really just some tubes, plywood fins, centering rings and nose cone. FYI, the only thing laser-cut was the centering rings.

The one thing making this model look really cool are the vinyl decals I got from Stickershock123. But at least I got something. I believe he shipped 4 kits with a promise...

I have thought about doing a suit, but it would cost more than the value of the order.

Hate to tell ya'll but I got my 4" Viper kit a few months ago. Maybe it was due to the fact that I'd bought three other kits from him. Maybe it was the daily e-mails he got from me for several weeks.

Honestly, the Viper was a big disappointment. Nose cone quality sucks (maybe these are seconds? Seams were very thin). Laser cannons and fins are going to snap off on the first flight without fiberglassing. I've already bent them. No altimeter bay. Really just some tubes, plywood fins, centering rings and nose cone. FYI, the only thing laser-cut was the centering rings.

The one thing making this model look really cool are the vinyl decals I got from Stickershock123. But at least I got something. I believe he shipped 4 kits with a promise...

I got my laser torpedo and I'm embarrassed for it. The nose cone is just shite the main body tube was destroyed - totally unusable. I was eventually sent a rocksim file but the advertised CD wasn't included. Over the Christmas break I'll pull it out of the box and take some photos & upload them. I will eventually build and fly it, but I think it's going to take a lot of work.

K & S seemed to have an outstanding reputation just 12 months ago - fantastic kits that people were proud to build and fly.

Pity.

Krusty.

Small claims court can be helpful in this situation, if someone lives nearby they can probably deliver the paperwork to his jurisdiction. I am not sure if you have to appear in person, have a surrogate go, or have to have a lawyer as your surrogate.

Small claims court can be helpful in this situation, if someone lives nearby they can probably deliver the paperwork to his jurisdiction. I am not sure if you have to appear in person, have a surrogate go, or have to have a lawyer as your surrogate.

As I noted, a court ruling isn't the end. All it does is prove that he owes money .. and you already knew that. :)

The court might issue you a writ which you could present to a debt collector or sheriff to attempt to recover the money you owe. But, in my one experience with the process, I found that it wasn't worth the trouble.

-- Roger

Last edited:
As I noted, a court ruling isn't the end. All it does is prove that he owes money .. and you already knew that. :)

The court might issue you a writ which you could present to a debt collector or sheriff to attempt to recover the money you owe. But, in my one experience with the process, I found that it wasn't worth the trouble.

-- Roger

NOTHING you do in the court system does ANY good for ANYONE accept the lawyers... it lines their pockets..

we need to go "Judge Dredd" and Crime would go down...

Howz about sic`n Judge Judy on him ?

Man ,I wouldn`t want that old broad breathing down my throat .I`ve seen `er make grown men stutter and cry on TV :y:

Yessir ,she can smell bull$hit in the Febreze factory !

BTW-I just recently finished my K&S 2.6" version of his Colonial Viper and found it to be a pretty nice kit ,no complaints there.

Paul T

Building a K&S SWAT right now. Quality is great. All plywood pieces are nicely cut, sturdy tubes, great altimeter bay. Had no problems with the 2.6" Viper kit either. Too bad they went out the way they did. Of course, adding the decals from Stickershock23 will make them really stand out.

Building a K&S SWAT right now. Quality is great. All plywood pieces are nicely cut, sturdy tubes, great altimeter bay. Had no problems with the 2.6" Viper kit either. Too bad they went out the way they did. Of course, adding the decals from Stickershock23 will make them really stand out.

I have to agree. Nice kits from a terrible business.

I did get an email from Scott today. For what is worth, he still intends to deliver the kits. Plans for late 2013 or first couple of weeks of 2014.

As one of folks that bought a 4" Colonial Viper Kit and the payload bay for it, what I am going to now say may make you guys think I am foolish or naïve.

But I do believe Scott will deliver the kits that folks like me have ordered and payed for. I have been customer of his for many years and he always provided me a very good product up till this last run of kits. A person who been running a good honest business doesn't all sudden turn into a crook and run away with a few thousand dollars from what I seen in my life. Something bad happened at K & S (his shop was flooded from what he told me in a email and he lost lot of product) after that I sure he was in trouble trying to get back going again. Yes he been bad at telling his customers what going on with things. ,But I do really think he will make it right, Folks need to stop all the bashing and stupid threats to him. All that it does is make a bad situation worse. Lets just see what happens and let Scott get our kits to us !

Cheers
John ..

Last edited:
Back