K and S Rockets site pushing to eBay now....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not gotten mine and I am leaning toward report both individuals to the USPS and Consumer Protection Agency. Hopefully, it will stop other from being ripped off.

I emailed Texas Rocketry a week ago and no response. I have had no response to the last several emails or PMs.

I am in bad mood today and have just had enough. I am usually much more at ease.

I have not gotten mine and I am leaning toward report both individuals to the USPS and Consumer Protection Agency. Hopefully, it will stop other from being ripped off.

I emailed Texas Rocketry a week ago and no response. I have had no response to the last several emails or PMs.

I am in bad mood today and have just had enough. I am usually much more at ease.

You have been more than reasonable in waiting even to an extreme. I would do what you have to do.

Sorry to hear that Chuck-Shane's always been good for me, I know he's had web issies and he does fly some when he gets a chance. This is kinda disturbing as I was going to give hm some business just as a buddy. Guess I can get my tubes somewhere else. Bummer.

Guys,

I realyl do understand this is not their main occupation and life doe sget in the way. I have 2 builds I am working on and life has gotten in the way. Hopefully, K and S comes back and is reliable.

The problems is this is not the first time.

I realyl do understand this is not their main occupation and life doe sget in the way. I have 2 builds I am working on and life has gotten in the way. Hopefully, K and S comes back and is reliable.

The problems is this is not the first time.

The reality is that when you take someone's money, you have an obligation to them. If you can't meet the agreed upon obligation, then at the very least, you need to communicate with the customer and be willing to issue a refund.

-Kevin

The reality is that when you take someone's money, you have an obligation to them. If you can't meet the agreed upon obligation, then at the very least, you need to communicate with the customer and be willing to issue a refund.

Kevin,

That is true. I may be late, but I always communicate it.

Between K and S and Texas Rocketry, thee two businesses could use a lesson is good ole' business communication. Texas Rocketry Supply owes me over $350 and rarely answer emails - "they got lost in the filter".

Both have crappy communication and business practices.

Lost in the filter???

man I have heard excuses... but come on.. if you run an e-mail business YOU TURN YOUR FILTER OFF. and do it by "hand"

I lost an occasional contact by e-mail from filters... as soon as that happened.. filters off,..

is that a pain?? yes I hate going through junk by hand..
is it worth it?? H E double toothpick it is.. I dont want to miss a thing. (although i do slip from time to time)

anyways Rant over... for now..

Scott if you are reading this.. All you have to do is make good on your word..

I feel bad for all the people I already sent decals too. now because of you they got ripped off TWICE.. and I am a part of that... and not by ANY of my fault..

Dude.. take a day or two off work.. go out to the shop. bust a sweat and ship out what you promised..

if thats too much then dig deep in your wallet TODAY and send EVERYONE their money back.. we have been more than fair to you.. now hold up your end and do what you said you would do. nothing more nothing less.

From an experienced person that buys and sells a lot online.

If you paid through PayPal and it was within 45 days please file a dispute. Their customer service phone number is 866-972-9725. If you say "agent" like 5 times you can get through their automated system.

If it is out of the time frame for a PayPal dispute and if you paid with a credit card then file a dispute with them they give a minimum of 60 day time frame.

Just my two cents.

From an experienced person that buys and sells a lot online.

If you paid through PayPal and it was within 45 days please file a dispute. Their customer service phone number is 866-972-9725. If you say "agent" like 5 times you can get through their automated system.

If it is out of the time frame for a PayPal dispute and if you paid with a credit card then file a dispute with them they give a minimum of 60 day time frame.

Just my two cents.

I think some or most of these guys have been waiting longer than 60 days, from there it would probably have to be small claims court. There are probably options of seeking free legal advice. IDK? That would be on them to take that approach.

I think some or most of these guys have been waiting longer than 60 days, from there it would probably have to be small claims court. There are probably options of seeking free legal advice. IDK? That would be on them to take that approach.

Again with all the laws around credit cards the minimum is a 60 day time frame to dispute. I would recommend each person to contact their card company and see their time frame to dispute.

Edit: Looks like PayPal has changed their policies.

If it were me, I'd be notifying PayPal, and filing a complaint with my credit card company.

-Kevin

Last edited:
Add me to the list. I've been waiting for the 4" Viper since I paid for one on March 8th.

I've avoided posting about this because K & S has always come through for me in the past. But, with 5 months gone and no response to my emails, I'm pretty sure this one's lost. I sincerely hope I'm proved wrong.

I sincerely hope everything works out for guys. It's really sad that you have to go through this. I think you guys need to find alternative ways to take action to get this resolved. Not sure what can be done, but it's not fair that you are going through this it is absolutely bad business practices. You need to stop waiting and take action and do something whatever that may be? Good luck!!

This is bad business. Personally i think TRA and NAR as well as local clubs should agree to ban any vendor that steals. In addition everyone affected should file claims with the appropriate reporting agencies as well as CC and paypal. I would also (because im like that) consider making future customers of any future business ventures aware within legal bounds of this mass alleged fraud should it be found evident. The rocketry community is patient and forgiving but this is ridiculous. This was planned IMO.

What happens at the local level is up to the local clubs; I think getting Tripoli and/or NAR involved is a mistake -- their job is not enforcement, and they have zero authority to do an appropriate investigation.

In addition, doing so may well open them up to legal action for restraint of trade.

I understand the sentiment, but word of mouth is a much more appropriate method than asking the national organizations to get involved.

-Kevin

I know Kev. Your right. It just pains me to see people ripped off.

Agreed -- I hate seeing people not get what they ordered.

Consider it from my perspective -- my forum was used to advertise the sale, and as far as I can tell, nobody has yet received product. :(

It does not make me happy!

-Kevin

I just feel bad for the new people in the hobby. It places a black eye on so many vendors that are awesome.

On that, I don't really agree with you -- a bit of research, and you can find a plethora of great vendors, who will treat you well. 'tis why a bit of research in advance of purchasing will save folks a lot of grief.

99% of the vendors in this hobby treat their customers very well, and we're fortunate to have quite a few of them participating on this forum.

-Kevin

I`m just so very surprised the two vendors mentioned in this thread would do this .

I`ve dealt with both K&S and Texas Rocketry and was always treated very well ,but of course I started to see the writing on the wall and held off on further orders ,and now I glad I did.

Mt last kit from K&S was Scotts 2.6 Viper ,and it`s a beautiful kit.I was on the fence about getting the 4" version ,but held off when the MIA/lack of intel threads began to surface (that`s always a sign things are going South)

I would be very pi$$ed off if I was any of you fine gentlemen, as there are no excuses that would cut it at this point except if someone has gone to the great beyond !

Sorry fellas ,I just feel so very bad and angry for you all !

As for other vendors ,I`ve dealt with most of them ,and they are all top notch.Can`t think of one that has been bad to deal with......yet !

Paul T

Last edited:
Back