K and S Rockets site pushing to eBay now....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green Jello

Reaction score
I noticed their site is now closed and only has a link pushing you to buy their stuff on eBay:

https://www.kandsrockets.com/

K and S.jpg

Another nail in the coffin?

Looks to me they will be selling off the rest of their stock on Ebay. Hate to see a rocket vendor close the doors.
Gary

Agreed that this isn't looking good but hopefully they continue to make kits and e-bays. While there have been some issues lately I also hate to see another vendor close their doors.

Let's just hope that this is only a speed bump and that they get back on track. If they can operate successfully (and profitably) in the confines of ebay that might help restore their reputation quickly.

I wish them the best of luck and hope to see them producing more kits in the future.

NMost of you prefer to see k and s stay open which is understandable. Progression and growth of business leads to some closing due to lack of ability to supply and provide. That will naturally direct the business towards the reliable companies such as Semroc, BMS Wildman and such. The business's that likely will not take your money and shut down. He took your MONEY. and now the stock is on ebay? I would never, never trust him again and you should not either. He's not a good business person. More money now for the good guys! File a claim, file a law suit just get you funds back and let him cruse other people that afterburner. he'd do you the same.

If he treats his ebay customers like he did his web customers, his feedback rating wont be 100% for long.

If he treats his ebay customers like he did his web customers, his feedback rating wont be 100% for long.

problem is, the ebay stuff should be ready to ship. So there would be no waiting for the kits to get built. Never liked the idea of prepaying for something only to find out it takes months to get your product. Then when something happens out of your control and you have to work your real job more or something different, your customers have to wait longer for their stuff. Once the snowball starts rolling, it's hard to stop it.

He took your MONEY. and now the stock is on ebay? I would never, never trust him again and you should not either. He's not a good business person.

The kits on ebay are kits that he had for sale as "old stock that needs to go" here on the forum. I can only assume that the outstanding kits are missing some critical parts that is preventing them from being shipped out. While slow it seems they are trying to fulfill their obligations. We shall see if that ever happens.

I would like to see them survive because they filled a unique niche - HPR upscales of cool rockets with paper and ply. BMS and Semroc don't have the parts for that. Wildman is good in his own way but everything he has is fiberglass. I don't want to source parts from 10 vendors to build something and I don't have access to shop tools, laser cutting and CNC. I don't want to get screwed either - so I'd approach with caution and only purchase something they have in stock if I purchase again.

The kits on ebay are kits that he had for sale as "old stock that needs to go" here on the forum. I can only assume that the outstanding kits are missing some critical parts that is preventing them from being shipped out. While slow it seems they are trying to fulfill their obligations. We shall see if that ever happens.

I would like to see them survive because they filled a unique niche - HPR upscales of cool rockets with paper and ply. BMS and Semroc don't have the parts for that. Wildman is good in his own way but everything he has is fiberglass. I don't want to source parts from 10 vendors to build something and I don't have access to shop tools, laser cutting and CNC. I don't want to get screwed either - so I'd approach with caution and only purchase something they have in stock if I purchase again.

jsargevt,
I agree with you. Searching is a frustration at best. For me I scratch build everything so searching, improvising and expermentation are sometime a large part of the hobby. Too bad this basement company became unreliable. Hopefully he never ripped off say a beginner hobby person. They may never be back. The smart guys as I mentioned before can capitalize from this.

I would order one of these kits off ebay if I felt more certain my prior orders would be filled and if they responded to phone calls and emails. No response = no trust.

The eBay items are conspicuous "logo-less" and the seller name is fairly generic too. Even Sunward selling a set of CRs has a big logo and check out my other items ect.

If it Walks like a duck , smells like a duck, and takes money without shipping like a duck. . . . . I am only seeing two fairly expensive itms for sale, which to me seems like more of the same

Is there a way to flag the eBay sale like craigslist ?

Kenny

Last edited:

Looks like they are using an old ebay account. None of the feedback is recent - > 6 months. Majority of the feedback is as a buyer not a seller. Seller feedback is from 2005 and older. Lot of racing supplies - guessing it was an account for their go-kart adventures.

They only have one rocket for sale listed as of now (7/12/2013 5:45pm)

Pretty much guessing the fork is needed - shame, they used to have some unique items.

T -

Gotta love all assumptions with out any facts.

As for us selling on ebay that has been my choice. I have decided to go this way for now and list only items that are in hand and ready to ship. I will be adding more items as I have time but first old orders are first on the list of things to do.

Gotta love all assumptions with out any facts.

As for us selling on ebay that has been my choice. I have decided to go this way for now and list only items that are in hand and ready to ship. I will be adding more items as I have time but first old orders are first on the list of things to do.

I think all the assumptions come from the less than quick responses to contact attempts. I don't see any problem with selling on eBay, it's a world wide selling platform. Good luck with the sales. I do plan on buying more products from you and hope that the "assumptions" are wrong.

I believe Scott and Austin will deliver the products. I am happy to see they are going to use eBay and only sell that which they have in hand.

Excellent Scott, glad to see you guys are fighting to keep the lights on, keep plugging brother it will get better. No luck with level 3 today, cloud cover TOO LOW for my attempt, oh well next month then

Anybody get any of their delayed kits yet? Any shipping notifications?

I love their av-bays and would even be willing to pay what seems to be an eBay premium of $45 for their 2.6" (I don't think they were that much beforehand, maybe $35 for a 2.6"), but won't do so until I here some positive news.

Back