Recommend an Altimeter - ReBAR needs advice.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vombatidae

Reaction score
I've been away from HPR for about ten years - long story - but I'm planning to get back into it and recertify L2 by late summer or fall.

In that time, some things have changed, some haven't, but obviously altimeters have changed a LOT. I'm working on some new kits, and don't want to rely on my venerable Transolve P2 to bring them back in one piece.

I'm willing to do my homework, and read all the relevant threads, but in the interest of being ready in time for an August launch, can you help me narrow down the candidates to those with the following features.

Must have:
- record flight profiles
- download/program in the field via usb and/or bluetooth
- at least three event lines, programmable based on altitude or time delayed from apogee, launch detection, or burnout.
- fit 66mm avionics bay
- COTS. (Might be interested in doing open SW/HW later, but not yet.)
- some reasonable method of integration with arming switch

Would like:
- relatively affordable
- fit 38mm avionics bay
- a fourth event line

Thanks!

+1 on the Raven3. I have 2 of the previous generation raven's, and they are my "goto" altimeter. I also have the 38mm and 24mm bays for the raven, along with a Power Perch. Makes creating "plug-in" alt bays a snap for almost any rocket.

The new Missileworks RRC3 looks amazing for the price. I don't have one of these yet, but I'm considering it.

Take a close look at the Featherweight Raven3. It's VERY small, very flexible, and should do everything you want - and more.

Either of those choices, or an RRC3 which will be on the market any day, now.

-Kevin

Thanks! The Raven 3 looks like a perfect match, and I'll keep the RRC3 in mind as a good choice for a backup.

Latest posts

Back