• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mercury Redstone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent

Reaction score
So the scratch built Mercury Redstone that I had on the cover of Sport Rocketry suffered some major fin damage on its last flight. Have not decided on what I am going to do yet. It has been flying since about 2005. Now to rebuild /repair or get the Polecat kit. The polecat kit is currently unavailable. Does anyone have one un-built they want to sale?

Sport Rocketry Cover.jpg

Oh no! That was a beautiful bird!!!

If you find two Polecat versions, let me know...

Cheers,
Michael

Brent , check with Ken at performance hobbies . When I talked to him last month I was informed that he is reintroducing the smoking rockets MR .

Eric

The cheapest rout for me would probably to rebuild. If I do that I will order new tubes and change a few things from the original build. Although that does require spending time out in the shop with no air conditioning cutting fins and rings. LOL

I would guess that the Polecat Mercury capsule will have nowhere near the detail that your Mercury capsule has. I think that the Polecat capsule is one solid piece of polyurethane plastic. I had a 4" diameter Neubauer Redstone-Mercury that had fin damage. I repaired the damage and flew it again.

Back