Estes - Centuri (#3232) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caveduck

semi old rocketeer
Reaction score
Here's a recent completion of the confoundingly named Estes #3232 "Centuri". It's definitely Centuri-esque!

Ultra-short-build-thread info:
  • Mods: kevlar shock cord, brass tube lugs
  • Fin finishing paper + CA
  • Primer and paint Klass Kote epoxy
  • Stock decals, Future + 15% Simple Green topcoat

D20130619_095709_Estes_Centuri_gallery.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a nice one I don't remember seeing before. Thanks for contributing.

I promise I will get back to the gallery and get things organized. I am just taking a "build and fly" break for a change.

Welcome to the Estes Centuri (#3232) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes Centuri (#3232) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Centuri: #3232

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes Centuri (#3232) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Centuri Also known as:

NUMBER: #3232

Introduced: 2013
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount:1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 29.3 (74.4 cm)
Diameter: 1.33 in. (34 mm)
Span:
Weight: 3.1 oz. (87.9 g)

Mfg. Description: No significant text in 2013 Catalog

=====

A great addition to our Skill Level 2 line of rockets. Standard engine powered. Sure to be a crowd pleaser.

A multi-finned misssle powered by standard engines, the Centuri can reach heights of 600 feet. Parachute recovery brings this awesome rocket back to earth. Pick your own color scheme or go with ours, tried and true rocket colors of days gone by. (2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

estes-centuri%203232-2013%20cat.jpg
2013 Catalog

estes-centuri%203232-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

estes-centuri%203232-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

estes-centuri%203232-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
I'll be getting one of these soon.:)

ETA: Ordered from AC Supply on Saturday.:)

Last edited:
All Done!
I flew her in primer on a C11 and D12, and she flies great, so I finished her up.
She's glassed and updogged to 24mm with a Rocketarium Retainer so she can fly on all things 24mm.
The nose cone is actually held on with two tiny nylon screws so that the sustainer section can be used as a payload bay in the future if I ever get an Altimeter. I'de then only need to drill some sample holes.

Centuri Launches 2015-04-21 011.JPGCenturi Launches 2015-04-21 003.jpgCenturi Launches 2015-04-21 014.jpg

Clearcoated 3232CenturiEstes 2015-05-06 004.jpgClearcoated 3232CenturiEstes 2015-05-06 007.jpgClearcoated 3232CenturiEstes 2015-05-06 003.jpgClearcoated 3232CenturiEstes 2015-05-06 006.jpgClearcoated 3232CenturiEstes 2015-05-06 005.jpg

Last edited:
I was once considering buying one of these but instead I bought another rocket... Love the design especially the conical nose cone, there is only one thing I hate about this rocket.... It has a reducer... I think reducers are ugly.....

I was once considering buying one of these but instead I bought another rocket... Love the design especially the conical nose cone, there is only one thing I hate about this rocket.... It has a reducer... I think reducers are ugly.....

I used to not like transitions either.

Transitions on a normal rocket don't look too good (except for scale of course), but adding a set of fins to the upper section (as in the Centuri) makes them look pretty hawt.

My Estes Centuri.
Or is it my Centuri Estes?
I much preferred the all white with black decal trim.
OK, I got lazy, alright?
0913200643[1].jpg
I think reducers are ugly.....
I've transitioned to loving reducers.....
Or is it I've been reduced to loving transitions?
I'm so confused.:D

Last edited:
Acquired a Centuri that was incomplete and needed some attention. Did a complete rebuild and got a little creative with the decals. Not an exact duplicate of the original but kept with the overall theme.

15.jpg19.jpg22.jpg

Could you make it a two stage rocket?

I'm not really into multi stage rockets but you could possibly gap stage this. Again I'm not into this so I have no idea if the upper motor would light with that large of a gap between them.

Someone with more experience would need to chime in on the topic.

Back