So, Moving Right Along....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveA

Reaction score
Well, the Honest John project has been back-burnered for now and I guess I am in a Cold War frame of mind so I worked this up. A Soviet/Russian R27 Alamo missile. I have it flying on a F35W-8 and it's maxing out at 1730-ish. A little squirmy coming off the pad. I added 2.75ozs to the nose and smoothed it out. I need to tweak the fins a bit more to get the shape and sizes just right.
R-27 Alamo.jpg

3D textured. Still needs a little work on the fins. but it's getting there:
R-27 Alamo Textured.jpg

OH YES.......now you`re talking buddy !!

This build is Paul T approved :clap:

I love those Russian missiles ,great looks and lots of fins ,what`s not to like.

Great project !!!!!!!!

Paul T

Sorry for taking so long to answer your question. I went on a rocketry sabbatical after September...

It requires 2.75 oz of mass in the nose cone for stable flight and this amount of mass makes it 3.96 inches over-stable. I don't know if and when I'll take a run at building it, if youre interested I can send you the Rocksim file and you can modify it as you like.

Thanks Paul, for the endorsement! :cool:

Sorry for taking so long to answer your question. I went on a rocketry sabbatical after September...

It requires 2.75 oz of mass in the nose cone for stable flight and this amount of mass makes it 3.96 inches over-stable. I don't know if and when I'll take a run at building it, if youre interested I can send you the Rocksim file and you can modify it as you like.

Thanks Paul, for the endorsement! :cool:

Hey,welcome back Steve !!

PM inbound.

Paul T

Back