What rocket kit is this and did anyone have/fly one?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe Apogee made a series of videos on how to make something like this. Look up Apogee's channel on YouTube you might find them.

All I'm gonna say is 1) get it out of the tube and 2) keep it from melting during ejection. There was a plethora of Rogallo wings back in the day. Some were extremely competitive.

I had it, along with all the rest of the Roto Rocket offerings. In retrospect, they were not the best quality.

If you want to build a Rogallo wing glider (AKA "flexwing") I recommend you look up information from George Gassaway. He came up with some simple techniques for building outstanding "flexies".

Last edited:
I have one along with their other kit, the Roto-roc or some such. They are both still sitting in the bags.

Never had a kit from anyone but have always Scratch built Flex-wing gliders and boosters for 70-90's NAR competitions. I believe QCR still offers a flex-wing kit for 13 or 18mm motors if your interested.

Many of us Older competition Flyers are still flying Flex-Wing Gliders today. They are really fun to build but a bear to recover. I've been flying Micro Flex-wings away with times over 5 minutes but just can't catch-up with the little buggers to claim the National Record.
6, 8 10 12 and 16 inch Flex-wings are common flying with 13mm, 18mm and 24mm motors.
a few pics that may help PM me if you need more info.

MM 214a1-sm_8thA-Flex-Wing-Glider_09-08-99.jpg

132-sm_5A-A Flex-Wing BG_09-08-92.jpg

Flex-Wing-c2-sm_2 spring wrapping & fabric attachment_07-07.JPG

Flex-Wing-d-sm_2in 3° center spar elevator break_06-01.JPG

a flexi, made mine from apogee video. only part I had problems with was the cord that holds the steamer. ejection keeps breaking the line. to short I guess.

Latest posts

Back