"Thru Hole" BP cannons: Anybody ever seal your ematch wires in with a hot glue gun?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvanc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Still finding prepping (and especially sealing) these to be fiddly and unreliable. Looking for faster, easier, more robust ideas. So what about sealing the match wires in with hot glue? Anyone ever done it before? If not I'll probably try some ground tests... thanks!

I run wires through bulkheads and seal with hot melt. Then I put masking tape over the area. Works fine.

Gerald

Where are you trying to seal the wires? I use a terminal block and epoxy the hole and wires that run from the bay to the terminal block to keep the av-bay sealed. If you are talking about sealing them in a "BP cannon" I'm not sure what you mean. I use a small cup on the face of the av-bay and just put some dog barf over the match head and powder and masking tape to hold it in. If I want the charge away from the av-bay, I crease a piece of duct tape, lay the match in, pour the powder over it and close the tape around it. If you're using smokeless powder or BP substitutes, that's a whole different problem I have no experience with, can't help there

Back