list of high power kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketcharlie

Reaction score
Hello-

Is there a comprehensive list of companies that make H.P. rocket kits? I'm new at this and confused between companies selling other peoples kits and the companies that actually make the kits.

Thanks

This is about as a comprehensive list as you're going to get:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?110-Rocketry-Resources

The manufacturers list is what you want to check out but you might want to verify if some of those places are still building kits. For instance i don't think that Hawk Mountain is still making kits but they might be. It is missing Rocketry Warehouse as a manufacturer but i suppose that they are just selling kits - you just can't get their kits anywhere else. https://rocketrywarehouse.com/

I am sure that someone will have a good list for you but there is a start.

OK i Looked again and that isn't really that helpful.

Here are some places for HPR that I frequent that make their own kits (and some resell other kits)

Wildman Rocketry
Madcow Rocketry
BaddAzz Rocketry
Binder Design
Giant Leap Rocketry
LOC/Precision
Rocketry Warehouse
K&S rockets

I am sure there are more but that should be enough to get you moving forward.
What's Up Hobbies (Polecat kits)

Add Public Missiles to that, and you've got all the main ones that I've heard of.

Hey, I make a kit!

Colossus Rockets - home of the worlds first 3X Mars Lander Kit

https://www.etsy.com/shop/3XMARSLANDER

:)

Ben Awes
Colossus Rockets

Aw man .... this is why I was reluctant to post anything! I LOVE the 3x mars lander (of course you're crazy if you think that I'd build one!!). I didn't mean to overlook you or anyone else for that matter.

I can't wait to hear about 3xML launch #2!

you can also run into confusion with companies that both have their own HPR kits but also sell other manufacturer's kits.

Such as Apogee and Sirius (their Saturn V kits)

And more mid power than high power is, by the great llama, Pemberton

Plus there's always getting into scratch builds. Places like Balsa Machine or Giant Leap can take your design and cut the parts you need. LOC/Precision or Public Missles Limited will cut out parts for you also. Or you can use that shop full of equepment you just might have. Many here started with nothing and now have small shops of their own. It's amazing what a router and a router table can do...just watch the fingers :eyepop: Some of the people around here are known to have worn out Dremel tools...

Best thing about scratch is generaly the lower cost even buying rocket parts. I've gotten to the point of ordering every month. I'm thinking on investing in a lathe for turning nosecones. My last 3 months orders of cones would have paid for a Harbor Freight bench lathe :p

I actually own a wood lathe. What material wood you make the nosecone out of? I'm new at this but I definitely want to get into scratch building once I get a little experience. Thanks.

This was my first post. I'm very pleased and grateful for all the replies. There is a lot of people making rocket kits isn't there? Thanks to you folks !

Back