My Boy's Mini HJ

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Screaminhelo

Shade Tree Rocket Surgeon
Reaction score
Here is my 7 year old's Mini Honest John. I helped him keep things straight and get the decals aligned but he did the build pretty much on his own. First launch is scheduled in a week or so.

IMG_0001.jpg IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Nice! He will be rolling carbon tubes by 10 years old! I think these are one of the coolest looking little rockets. I had to buy one myself, im going to glass it min dia for the E75!

After reading some of the stability problems that folks have had, I am a like concerned about a crooked fin but we will just ensure a safe standoff at launch and see what happens. The kit did come with clay for nose weight so that should help.

I couldn't imagine this on an E75! That's a lot of motor for a little bit of rocket!

Your son has some skillz! Nice work; can't think of a better way to teach a boy all kinds of valuable lessons. I'm going to fly mine for the first time this week-end. Just point it down range a little and think good thoughts. But I have witnessed 2 different examples going all squirrelly and 3 others flying just fine at club launches. Hard to figure.

I hope max had his tongue in his cheek about an E75 (whatever that is ?).

NICE JOB!

I hope you know you've created a monster. Be prepared to buy lots of kits in the future.:)

Excellent work for a boy that age. May he have many good flights.

I had to ensure reasonable alignment and shoot the paint. The decals were a team effort with me cutting and him sticking. Except for the small CG markings he did well with the decals, only some minor wrinkles to work out and talking through what I was doing so he could learn to do it him self. Next kit will be a bit more hands off for me. Before too long, we will be building two kits at a time so Andy can just see then do.

NICE JOB!

I hope you know you've created a monster. Be prepared to buy lots of kits in the future.:)

The monster was created 30 years ago when I built a couple kits. Now that I have my own income, Andy is just my excuse to play with rockets! My 11 year old daughter is starting to ask when we are going to launch again, she hasn't really been interested before. No, I didn't create a monster, I just fed it :cyclops:

Back