FlisKits April and May Design of the Month winners announced!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats to Dave Bauer for BOTH months! Heck Dave was the only one who entered (3 entries each month) to take the win!

Come on folks, get into it! :)

Check out our web site for details about these, and all the entries for April and May!

June contest is now open!

April winning design: P-61 Black Widow
May winning design: Blackburn Triplane

Good stuff!

image-2529172732.jpg

image-2464205131.jpg

I think he is creating an entire new specialization in rocketry!

Great job

Both the P-61 and Blackburn Triplane flew yesterday at the CRASH launch as we had perfect weather yet again. The TA 152 also flew well in the calm conditions. On the P 61 the D21's light fast and furious with the awesome copperheads, popping her right up there. The hefty and draggy Blackburn needs all the power she can get out of the F24.

As a three time winner of the Flis Kits DOM Award I am approaching the status of my Hero Les Nessman of WKRP in Cincinnati who won the Buckeye Newshawk Award five times. Is there a Copper Cob or Silver Sow equivalent in model rocketry? With the rocket budget at almost zero I now have access to some cool Flis kit parts for even more craziness.

So come on scratch builders out there, I know you have the right stuff to enter. Do I have to be like Robert Conrad (Pappy Boyington from BAA BAA Black Sheep) and dare you to knock the battery off my shoulder? If you get that reference then you are just plain old. Any rocket with a modicum of decent and traditional rocket science will blow away my hope simulated - boy I hope all the motors light - silly rocket planes. Do you want of whole generation of kids looking at the web sight to think it is OK to cant motors for flame fins to make dynamically unstable two finned airplane rockets fly? Or that widely spaced motor pods with a bunch of landing gear fins will always fly straight with enough nose weight? NO! Good rocket science must trump this madness. If you can't enter for yourself then enter for the kids!

Didn't work.... No entries for the month of June... :(
Themed contests have the disadvantage of being restricted to people who have the relevant kit. That disqualifies me right away as I very rarely buy kits. I think the last one I bought was the Tres in 2006, which I converted to a two-stager.

And I entered it into the July contest via the e-mail address on the DCOM web page. There's no sign of it having shown up, there was no e-mail reply (or bounce), and the DCOM page still says the May contest is open even though it also announces the winner. ;) If the e-mail arrives late, it can go into the August contest instead.

Back