BLU....smarter bomb FINISHED

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the most clamps I've ever used at one time. It was for an aquarium stand.

55gal_stand_24.JPG

55gal_stand_25.JPG

And I thought that my AIM-9P build (1/1(ish) scale) (still only in my head, and a few places online) was gonna be a cool (but difficult) rocket!

NICE!!!

I used to work the Aardvark, and I got to play with the occasional practice LGB in the loadbarn (just to show we could do it), but we never loaded them for real.

Looking forward to seeing this completed!
Jim

And I thought that my AIM-9P build (1/1(ish) scale) (still only in my head, and a few places online) was gonna be a cool (but difficult) rocket!

NICE!!!

I used to work the Aardvark, and I got to play with the occasional practice LGB in the loadbarn (just to show we could do it), but we never loaded them for real.

Looking forward to seeing this completed!
Jim

Thanks Jim ,

It`s moving along nicely ,hope to get more pics and progress shots up soon.

Take care

Paul t

I worked on getting the fins on after work today.

The last fin is on and the epoxy curing.

That`s my fin-stick holder keeping things straight.

Paul T

phpbefGvJPM.jpg

phpCPwoO4PM.jpg

phpFFDaV1PM.jpg

All the aft main fins are on and just in need of some external fillets.

I`ll get back to work on the forward section and get things wrapped up soon.

Cheers

Paul T

phpi8jF43PM.jpg

phpOmAJA8PM.jpg

phpq5HzORPM.jpg

phpS89c31PM.jpg

phpVximjrPM.jpg

Thankyou Rick and Krusty !

I got a bit of work done on it last night ,so things are getting done quickly.

If the weather holds (calling for rain on the weekend ,which seems about right :mad: ) I hope to get some painting started.

Take care fellas !

Paul T

This is the bulkhead section .the slots will fit over the TTW fins.

Paul T

phpQXHdSCPM.jpg

phpzB88JDPM.jpg

Winner winner chicken dinner!

I`m hungry !

I was watching that travel /eating show with Anthony Bourdain as he visited Libya after the revolution.He went to a new chain restaurant that looks exactly like KFC ,same colors same looking chicken...everything the same !

Except it`s called "Uncle Kentucky".....LOL

Before the revolutions ,most people died from torture and gunshot.

Now they`ll die from CAD (coronary artery disease) and obesity !

...ahhhhhh..the taste of freedom :drool:

Cheers

Paul T

In order for me to access the nosecone section in case weight needs to be added (it will) I used #6 Black oxide button head screws and tapped the holes so that section can be removed.

Looks cool too :D

Paul T

phpGTlQm6AM.jpg

phpIJCvVAAM.jpg

phpzBplaFAM.jpg

Forward section all stacked up and pretty much finished.

I need to make some simple standoffs for the rail buttons using sone Loc 4" tube sections, soaked in CA ,sanded smooth, epoxied into place then drilled and tapped.

Then the whole thing will be put together and we shall see how it looks.

I suppose paint can`t be too far behind.

Cheers

Paul T

php4utaWOAM.jpg

phpLT43QEAM.jpg

phpuD8vlFAM.jpg

Forward section all stacked up and pretty much finished.

I need to make some simple standoffs for the rail buttons using sone Loc 4" tube sections, soaked in CA ,sanded smooth, epoxied into place then drilled and tapped.

Then the whole thing will be put together and we shall see how it looks.

I suppose paint can`t be too far behind.

Cheers

Paul T

Looks like a goony sitting on top of a regular rocket! Looking very cool :)

Krusty

In order for me to access the nosecone section in case weight needs to be added (it will) I used #6 Black oxide button head screws and tapped the holes so that section can be removed.

Looks cool too :D

Paul T

The screws are perfect. It's the little details that really "make" the rocket.

Paul,What a great looking build.You and Jim(aka qquake2r) are very skilled craftsman,what detail can do to a build is incredible.I like your wall of rifles,always wanted something like those in a .22cal and .44mag.:handshake:

Another great build! Don't know how you can keep so many going at once, and all looking superb!

This thing is Sweet! Wow!

Also, I like your fin-stick-holder. Weighed down with bullets :cool:

Looks like a goony sitting on top of a regular rocket! Looking very cool :)

Krusty

Hahahhaha...it does doesn`t it....I had to look at it and you are correct sir !:rofl:

Thanks for having a look at my goonie !

Cheers mate !

Paul T

Another great build! Don't know how you can keep so many going at once, and all looking superb!

Thankyou chum !

At least I can do some painting these days ,so things are getting done faster and more room is being made for more and bigger projects !

Cheers

Paul T

Latest posts

Back