BLU....smarter bomb FINISHED

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul, it's good to hear from you again! Congrats on flying your bomb. If you have pictures, please post them. Also, I would love to see pictures of you Nike Ajax and Nike Hercules. I have both of those models.

Well my chum ,the TLP Ajax was nothing special ,added Bass wood for fins and used 29mm motor mount instead of the 3x cluster.The Hercules was another story .lots of work ,sanding those fins and then using 3/4 oz fiberglass to make the balsa strong.Once built .the finished rocket /kit is a beauty.I still have the TLP version of the Hercules ,but that will have to wait.

But I must say ,if you have the TLP Nike Ajax ,build it ,it`s a great kit and worth every penny ,although you really don`t have much choice ,but you have many choices on how you build it.

Sorry ,but I don`t have ant pics to share ,as I pretty much stopped taking pics of my stuff ,just got too self indulgent in my eyes.

Will try to fly the Ajax this fall ,and the Hercules .....well perhaps the same time ,but for some reason ,I`m not sure how it will fly ,the Herc seems a little iffy ,could be me.

Take care

Paul T

Thanks for the update, Paul. Sounds like a perfect flight. You definitely leave us wanting more with the Nike models you reference.

I, like many I'm sure, eagerly await your triumphant return to TRF.

Thanks my man ,a pleasure to pop by when I may ,and perhaps more often.

And yah.....the ol`e BOMB was a surprise. Goes to show you ,even an idiot like me gets lucky once in awhile...LOL

I do indeed need to sit down this winter ,and get something together ,and I do have something that needs to be FINISHED.And that I WILL take pics of.!!!

Untill then...

Take care and all the best!

Paul T

Paul...I agree with the above...its great to hear from you! would love to see pictures of that Nike Hercules...that is a cool looking missile!

Paul...I agree with the above...its great to hear from you! would love to see pictures of that Nike Hercules...that is a cool looking missile!

Hi ya Paul, sure is good to see you back here. It's guys like you that make this place bearable. You got to post pics of the Herc.

Howdy Rick ! I`ll try to get you some pics one day.

Cheers

Paul T

Hi ya Paul, sure is good to see you back here. It's guys like you that make this place bearable. You got to post pics of the Herc.

Bill, I`m trying to get here more often ,and more importantly ,trying to get motivated on a new scratch build/project.

I really should however get back to work on my AIM 9 Sidewinder project ,so that will be next.

Take care of yourself !

Paul T

Back