Needed: 18mm Cardstock Saucer Plans for Maker Faire

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnly

Reaction score
Our local rocketry club want's to print and give away cardstock saucers at next month's Maker Faire. We built and flew some of Art's 13mm designs, but we were thinking that larger 18mm saucers would be a better choice. I could scale up Art's plans, but I was hoping that someone had already had their own design to share.

John

The very first rocket I ever flew was an upscaled 13mm to 18mm AA saucer. The plans are easy to upscale. I put a shroud up top for some extra bling and to hide the top of the motor.

New size/Old size = Scale factor

18/13 = 1.38

Set your printer to print the 13mm plan at 138% and you have an 18mm plan.

Or send Art an email telling him what you want to do, and he may be into it and send you a PDF.
He seems to take the stance that printing a file at a different scale is somehow copyright infringement, so drop him a line here: [email protected]

kj

my printer wont do that, i mean it will but i cant recenter it on the page properly so i get most of the pieces off the page... i can cut them out individually and make them larger but it is a royal pain to do it that way. was hoping for a PDF already made.

Before you go upscaling, you might want to get permission first:

Any upscaling, downscaling or alteration of the materials on this website whether for personal gain or not is strictly prohibited without the expressed permission of Art Applewhite Rockets.
(from the https://www.artapplewhite.com/free.html page)

Especially since he sells the 18mm versions of his saucers.

Edit: Nevermind, kjohnson already covered the "contact art first" bit. (I need to work on my reading comprehension.)

Last edited:
i would never upscale or in any other way infringe on the work of others without permission. I just stumbled across this thread and was curious if there were any 18mm saucers in PDF form floating about that were free to download. i would like to make one (or several)...

Last edited:
Here's A NASA design from the 1960's that one can easily adapt to a 18mm saucer.
yeah that is a neat one.

I guess i will just buy a fliskits one. they are priced right and i should get a few under my belt before attempting to design my own. I am kinda in love with fliskits at the moment anyway.

Back