Open rocket help?! Error

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soxfan121

Reaction score
In open rocket I designed a 3 stage rocket (should be starting the build tomorrow if i can fix this error...) and whenever I run a simulation it gives me this error: "An error occurred during the simulation: Simulation values exceed limits. Try selecting a shorter time step."
I'm unsure of what this means so can someone help me out? I'll attach the ork file so you can see for yourself (unless it only happens for me).
View attachment 3 stage Thunder.ork
~Ed

**sorry I know this is a duplicate thread but i felt it should be posted in the electronics category instead of the watering hole where i originally posted this.**

I can't fire or up right now, but usually this means, either the rocket is unstable, or the boosters don't tumble soon enough. Edit the simulation an on the second tab try setting the time step to .001.

Kevin

Someone with a 5 or 6 stager was having this problem recently. I believe they set the time step to .0005 and it ran successfully.

Someone with a 5 or 6 stager was having this problem recently. I believe they set the time step to .0005 and it ran successfully.

first off: holy hell a 5-6 stager???!!!! :eyepop: there's a general rule of never more than 3...when a rocket goes higher than 3 it will often end up angling slowly with each stage so by the time you hit four you could be flying sideways. link to the thread please? i would love to see that thread. BACK ON TRACK: I'm not sure how to change the timestep

first off: holy hell a 5-6 stager???!!!! :eyepop: there's a general rule of never more than 3...when a rocket goes higher than 3 it will often end up angling slowly with each stage so by the time you hit four you could be flying sideways. link to the thread please? i would love to see that thread. BACK ON TRACK: I'm not sure how to change the timestep

In the simulation window, select the sim you want to run, then hit edit simulation, then simulation options.

Back