Black Bear Grill

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
Had a visitor lastnight.
Black bear got on the deck thats attached to my sunporch and tipped the grill over about 11:30 pm.
I had cooked steak,kielbasa, onions and peppers earlier .
Guess I had left afew pieces of onions on the drying/warminmg rack after cooking.
And Im sure he smelled the onions and grease from the meat.
Anywhoo- I heard it when he tipped the grill over and I did get out on the porch to see him.
He headed for the shed and I headed in to get Sandy up and my spot light and camera,we get back out on the porch and he was gone.
I got my light and camera all charged and ready for action tonight.

Last edited:
30 years ago my dogs started growling one summer evening and I could hear noises in my basement. I grabbed my SW 357 and went down into the basement expecting to see a person, but instead I met face to face to with a 500 pound black bear eating the dogs left over food. There was a pucker factor of major porportions on my part. I didn't know if there was a cub in the basement, so I just yelled. The bear fled out the basement door leaving a mess and ran across the yard into the woods. My two dogs never left the livingroom. So much for having dogs for protection. I have had black bears in my garbage can, under the apple tree and on the deck, I guess that's the price you pay when live next to forested areas.

Just reading what you grilled for dinner has made me hungry.

My house is 1/4 mile off the road and completely surrounded with woods. Judging by the tracks they leave behind, I know there is a variety of woodland critters running around here at night. So far, the only ones I have seen are the deer. They come out of the woods early in the morning in twos and threes and just stare at the house. We suspect they are saying to each other, "Ok, they built a house here, but where is the damn garden? We're hungry!"

Are you sure it wasn't a guy in a bear suit?:grin:

Just asking.

Bears are like the ninja of the animal kingdom.

It's insane how fast they appear and disappear for being such a large beast

Are you sure it wasn't a guy in a bear suit?:grin:

Just asking.
You mean like some kind of hoax? HMMMMM, never gave it a thought.

Bears are like the ninja of the animal kingdom.

It's insane how fast they appear and disappear for being such a large beast
The bear(s) are all around here. Thing is,Ive been here going on 11 years and Ive maybe seen a bear 6 times.
They do keep out of sight.

Back