My Daughter the Mechanic

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAllen

Reaction score
So I tell my little (15 year old) daughter that I need to change the rotors and pads on one of the cars and next thing I know....

969165_10201388320736296_635092208_n.jpg

I did the left side while she watched and then she did the right side.

Awesome! I have a hard time getting my son away from the darn computer and video games.

I would be so incredibly proud, as I'm sure you must be! And I love the LDRS hat. Nice touch!

That's great. I made my daughter take auto shop in high school, but her teacher was prejudice against girls. She never got to work in the shop to learn anything. Her late brother and I taught her the hands on stuff she never learned in school. But she knows not to get ripped off at any shop she takes her car to, for major work.

My eight year old daughter, Keira, helps me do brake jobs on the cars and trucks and oil changes as well...

We were doing welding and grinding on a disk a couple weeks ago, and she helped me with the painting (mostly handing me the gun and feeding the hose out to me and keeping it untangled, but I had her painting some...)

Gotta raise 'em right down on the farm...

later! OL JR :)

Must be nice. I had my youngest (26 or so back then) ask me to help fix his car. He needed a coil. I pointed it out and handed him the tools and went back inside. Half hour later he brings me the dryer from the A/C system! ( "You kinda pointed over there, so I thought that what it was...") To be honest, it was my fault. I spent so much time at work when he was growing up, he never got any 'automotive time'. Now he's screwed. Start 'em young and stay with 'em!

Now that is something to be proud of and a real credit to you and your relationship with your daughter. Keep up the good work!

I've worked on cars since I was a little @#%$ helping my dad. I tried to get my kids to help me many times but they've never picked up on any of it. I still fix my cars and my kids pay someone else way too much to fix theirs. At least I drummed into their heads the importance of maintenance even if they don't do it themselves.

I have managed serveral shops and had a female technician that was kicking all the guys butts in repairs. I'm talking 15 years ago and she was making 75K a year because of her skills. Plus many customers requested her because she....quite frankly....was good.

My 17 year old daughter bought a 73 Dodge Dart which comes home this weekend. She is about to learn a little bit about vehicle repair first hand. Good job with your daughter, she wont make the same mistake my little sister did when a shop charged her 700 for a front brake job on a Saturn.

Back