TLP - Anubis (K038) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdjsky01

Kim's Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
One of my oldest and longest running rocket sagas is my fantasy scale, The Launch Pad Osiris MPM. I sure have gotten my money's worth. Blah to all those TLP haters who say there are too this and that. This has got to be its 20th or 30th mission over 12 or 13 years. And that is a mix of BP D's and AP D, E, and now a F. A F39-6 to be exact.

This thing is beat up for sure, but it looks the part on the pad and in the air. But even an F39 could not kill it! :clap::clap:

8565132597_a65910c84e_b.jpg

On another mission...

8566229154_56a6730c03_b.jpg

8566229560_5bbf50a14c_b.jpg

It recovered fine (thanks D.E.W for the ATV!) and the Altimeter Two read out 867ft (264m)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah this one doesn't end well either.... :cry:

My scratch build upscale of The Launch Pad Osiris MPM. I just always like the looks of the original. So I made this upscale in 2002.

And here it is waiting to launch on an AT 371-I225FJ-8 (16% a full I). Deployment was motor at apogee and of course a Cable Cutter at 500'. Handling that was a MissileWorks RRC2

10503717814_7e1ba1a40a_b.jpg

Up part looked pretty nice!

10503711016_ca9425ef4c_b.jpg

Cable cut right on schedule but the chute just did not inflate. Whump! :sad:
Yeah... a first. And not really a cable cutter issue. I have YET to have one fail. This time for whatever reason, my packing method did not force the chute to inflate. A first.

The nose cone is toast. The aft end took a good hit. I might be able to salvage it. But to be honest it's had a good long career. Time to make room for new blood (I have a Rocketry Warehouse Broken Arrow and a Sublime waiting to be built.)

No altitude. The sled was broken and jarred the battery from the clip even with the l-bracket holding it on.

Ah well... if you ain't breaking a rocket now and then, you ain't launching... much.

Post copied to gallery with permission

Attachments

• Osiris-4inch-06222002-DryFitted-01.jpg
    Osiris-4inch-06222002-DryFitted-01.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 66
So what's left? Oh yes. The Original Osiris MPM... it's so battered. Look at the fin edges showing all the nicks and scratches.

Here's an old JPEG of it being built in December 1998 which is about a year after I became a bar.

View attachment 151213

And the battered round some 15 years later... Today loaded with an E28T-4.

10503741966_f72bd66007_b.jpg

10503739035_641f9564a3_b.jpg

Another great flight. Forgot the altimeter :rant: :facepalm:

Post copied to gallery with permission

Attachments

• Osiris-MPM-1998-12-1.jpg
    Osiris-MPM-1998-12-1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 68
Nice looking rockets. Sorry for the deployment problem. I have had great success with a TLP AIM120 AAMRAM. I flew it many times until a motor CATO. :-(

Welcome to the TLP Anubis (K038) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the TLP Anubis (K038) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

TLP: Anubis: K038
TLP: Osiris: K020

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
TLP Anubis (K038) Basic Information.

launchpad.gif
The Launch Pad (TLP)

MODEL NAME: Anubis Also known as:

NUMBER: K038

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Pseudo Ordnance
Motor Mount: 1x24mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 24.75"
Diameter: 1.6"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: Another LAUNCH PAD Original!

SURFACE-to-SURFACE MISSILE (THE LAUNCH PAD)

The ANUBIS, named for the ancient Egyptian god of the underworld, is a Launch Pad original. Very loosely based on the Lacrosse missile of the late 1950's and early 1960's, ANUBIS would use a combination of inertial and terminal guidance systems to deliver a conventional, nuclear, or clustered submunitions payload to forward battleground positions.

A "D" or "E" motor takes this rocket to exceptional heights, and an 18 inch extra-strong Mylar parachute safely returns this kit for its next mission. A great sport flyer! Quick and easy assembly. Tough and dependable, for many hours of flying pleasure. (TLP 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

launch%20pad-anubis%20k038-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

launch%20pad-anubis%20k038-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
TLP Osiris (K020) Basic Information.

launchpad.gif
The Launch Pad (TLP)

MODEL NAME: Osiris Also known as:

NUMBER: K020

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Pseudo Ordnance
Motor Mount: 1x24mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 40.25"
Diameter: 2.6"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: Now Designed for "F" Power!Another LAUNCH PAD Original! OSIRIS

MULTI-PURPOSE MISSILE (THE LAUNCH PAD)

The Osiris is an original design from The Launch Pad. It is envisioned as an improved offshoot of our own Anubis missile, but in addition to the surface-to-surface payloads, the four interferometer antennae on the rear fins would enable this missile to perform short-range anti-aircraft missions as well. Folding, flick-out wings would enable up to eight missile canisters to be carried on a single tracked carrier. The carrier’s own hull mounted radar would suffice for surface-to-surface attacks, while an additional towed radar array would enable Osiris to triangulate and lock on to aerial targets.A single D12-3 motor is the smallest load that this huge missile can use. Best performance is with either an Aerotech E15-4 or an RMS F24-4 motor, but even so, Osiris is designed to take the stresses of a high-thrust E30 takeoff! Safe recovery is ensured by a large 18" diameter octagonal parachute, and the hardwood dowel "antennae" on the rear fins help prevent landing damage. Easy to build, fun to fly! Start your Mid-Power rocket collection with Osiris! (TLP 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

launch%20pad-osiris%20K020-2011%20web.jpg
2011 Web Ad
launch%20pad-osiris%20K020-2012%20web.jpg
2012 Web Ad
launch%20pad-osiris%20K020-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

launch%20pad-osiris%20K020-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back