Barclone - Starchaser Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdjsky01

Kim's Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
There are days one just wonders, "Why do this?" Sixty USD in gas... wind... dust... no flights or one flight... chase the one rocket... and spend even more money on even more motors when you have not even fired the ones you bought last month! Ever have a day or days like that?

Well yesterday was NOT A DAY LIKE THAT! :lol::tongue::wink: Yesterday was a day when I remember "Oh my goodness I love (building and) launching rocket!

An acquaintance mentioned he would be in the high desert launching a few and would I join him... would I?! Don't kick me in the pazookies more than once!

When I got there it was rocket heaven. No wind, sunny, clear, 76 (22C), oh yeah... :w::marshmallow::marshmallow::w:

Say what you will but I left all the rockets I did not get to last week, prepped with the ignitors tape to the sides marked with what they were...

Last week I maidened the Formula 98 but pulled the plug on the Starchaser 2.6 when the 'W' came in and swept my day away... This is not a W day rocket. The Starchaser took a year of on and off building and by the time I was finishing it, I was finished with it. I just wanted it done... today is the day!

Loaded with a Cesaroni 24mm F79SS-6 with a Missileworks RRC2-Mini for apogee deployment

8667573638_5b804d4b97_b.jpg

Now or never...

8667575202_16e50bcaa6_b.jpg

Sweet!! So far so good.

8667575384_f8a41d206b_b.jpg

8667575612_6e8ed311bd_b.jpg

The flight was remarkably straight given a gazillion fins, two BT-101 rings and all dem dare pods!!
Chute popped as it was arcing over... and that is a good enough maiden flight for me!
The RRC beeped out 742 feet (226m).

We were off to a good start!

8667575776_f00a6233d1_b.jpg

Well I burned through everything I had prepped the week before. It was high noon and about 31C (88). No wind... what to do?? Do I say "Well that is awesome and enough!" Git while the gittin is good?? Hell no... just one more!

The Starchaser... a CTI F30-6 long burn... no deployment charges... just motor ejection... what could go wrong? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Oh man that looks awesome!!!
8667588352_7ecca23382_b.jpg

Hmm.... a turn for the worse????

8667588538_9263d4e04a_b.jpg

An awesome photo... but one you can only get if the rocket is passing OVER your head... :y::y::facepalm::surprised:

8667588716_e78525c6dd_b.jpg

Needless to say it was a long arcing flight with a 527' (160m) apogee (as recorded by the RRC2-Mini). Having decided to NOT use the altimeter... we wait... and wait... man 6 seconds is a long time when watching that rocket... it DID eject... and it DID hold together! But man it was harrowing... tiny zipper. Nothing anyone but me will notice... if I had taken 15 minutes and prepped the apogee charge .... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Welcome to the BARCLONE Starchaser Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the BARCLONE Starchaser and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

BARCLONE: Starchaser:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
BARCLONE Starchaser Basic Information.

barclone%20TRF%20small.gif
BARCLONE

MODEL NAME: Starchaser Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer: Craig McGraw

Type: Sport, Exotic
Motor Mount: 1x24mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: A revised plan from 2003. For upper low-power and mid-power rocketry enthusiasts, the Starchaser can handle any 24mm motor from the C11 to F21W, giving flights of at least 200', and up to 1800'. First flight motor D12-5. (BARCLONE 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

barclone-starchaser-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

barclone-starchaser-2013%20plan.jpg
Plan Image

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back