Llama Logo Reproductions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todd,
As always, beautiful work!
I'm looking forward to the flight report.

Todd,
As always, beautiful work!

Ahwww.... shucks! :blush:

For anyone not familiar with Hans "Chris" Michielssen (a.k.a. hcmbanjo), he has a rocketry blog were he consistently produces high quaility low power rockets. His blog contains posts that are full of great building pointers and tips.

Go to www.modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com and get yourself ready to be impressed. His build archive is extensive.

The kit does not come with a thrust ring (motor stop) because it's really not needed. The motor can be secured with a strip of masking tape around the base of the motor tube and the 1/4 inch of motor sticking out of the motor tube.

I am going to deviate from the destructions, step 36, page 23. In this step the destruction order you to glue the nozzle (segment #8) flush to segment #7 and the motor tube.

I've chosen to leave the nozzle glue free.This will allow motor loading, preperation and removal to be done much more easily with the nozzle out of the way.

The nozzle will be slid into place for display purposes.

Llama Logo 098.jpg

Llama Logo 099.jpg

Llama Logo 100.jpg

The kit does not come with a thrust ring (motor stop) because it's really not needed. The motor can be secured with a strip of masking tape around the base of the motor tube and the 1/4 inch of motor sticking out of the motor tube.

I am going to deviate from the destructions, step 36, page 23. In this step the destruction order you to glue the nozzle (segment #8) flush to segment #7 and the motor tube.

I've chosen to leave the nozzle glue free.This will allow motor loading, preperation and removal to be done much more easily with the nozzle out of the way.

The nozzle will be slid into place for display purposes.

Hmmmmmm....
I may have to check the dimensions on this. The motor tube is supposed to extend just past the nozzle.
What does your copy of the Destructions say about positioning the motor tube in the body?

Hmmmmmm....
I may have to check the dimensions on this. The motor tube is supposed to extend just past the nozzle.
What does your copy of the Destructions say about positioning the motor tube in the body?

The measurment and the destructions work just fine. I simply want to be able to get the nozzle out of my way when I want by not glueing it permenantly in place. :cyclops:

The measurment and the destructions work just fine. I simply want to be able to get the nozzle out of my way when I want by not glueing it permenantly in place. :cyclops:

OK, so you can load a motor and secure it with the nozzle in place.....
Whew...
Thought we had an issue there.
I like the interior coloring on the nozzle, very creative.

The kit comes with a kevlar shock cord. It will take alot more then 18 mm motors to bust this cord.
It's glued to the base of the motor tube at segment #4.

Llama Logo 103.jpg

To secure the end of the shock cord to the nose cone a strip of card stock was cut out of the left over template material.

Every surface that was to mate was given the double glue treatment.

Llama Logo 105.jpg

Llama Logo 106.jpg

The red and gray precolored covers for the launch lugs were cut out of the card stock template sheet.

Llama Logo 104.jpg

The preprinted color flaked off a bit when the covers were bent over the lunch lug, so be careful with these.

The double glue method was used to get the covers to stick to the lug.

Cut the the lug in half and shaped them the way I like 'em. Then colored them in.

Llama Logo 109.jpg

Done.

The logo rocket is now available for purchase. Be the first geezer on your block to get one!

Call Pemtech direct or call 'em collect, but call him today!!!

Llama Logo 110.jpg

Llama Logo 111.jpg

Llama Logo 112.jpg

This is a boss rocket! Thanks for the expert build. I'm sure the techniques shown will help many a rocketeer put together a boss Logo Rocket of their very own.

Excellent work and it appears to be a fine kit. I will look into snagging one.

What I really dig was your lathed scratch-built.

Whenever you should have an opportunity to fly... I'd be interested to know how everything does.

Yessir ,you did a beautiful job on this kit ,looks great and the play by play build & tips series should really help folks along when vthey buy one.

Nice work !

Paul T

Back