Llama Logo Reproductions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You give him too much credit. Layne got the word when he went to the ER after the llamas took a bite out of him. He probably still has the medical report that says, "patient presented with a crenelated laceration to the flesh, presumably resulting from the dentition of a large ungulate..." and and been looking for a chance to use the word ever since.

Either that or he really likes old castles and such.

Well, there ya go!

Word of the day: Crenelations.

Excuse me, I have to cut some "crenelated " card stock templates. :wink:

Llama Logo 034.jpg

Well, there ya go!

Word of the day: Crenelations.

Excuse me, I have to cut some "crenelated " card stock templates. :wink:

Yup bona fide word right there. Cannot accuse the llamas of confabulation of vocabulary.

did you cut them in a widdershins direction or deiseil? :)
rex

Crenelations running amuck!
And...
Domesticated crenelations.

Llama Logo 042.jpg

Attachments

• Llama Logo 041.jpg
    Llama Logo 041.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 30
Thank you for saying so. I enjoy reading your threads also.Your a rocket build'n machine!

It's starting to look like a rocket.
attachment.php

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something seems a bit...off.... :p

Looking really good, and you've added some great tips!

-Kevin

I would say that is correct. Layne will this be a limited time production or a continued product?

The destruction tell you to cut out the centering rings and glue them to the extra sheet of card stock supplied with the kit. Then cut'em out again.

So I did!

I used a paper punch on centrering ring #3, because cutting those little holes would have been a real bugger with an X-Acto knife.

Llama Logo 044.jpg

My curiosity to see segment 1 attached to segment 2 got the best of me and I didn't read the step that tells ya to weave and glue the washer used for ballast into segments 1 & 2 with a crenelated do-hicky. :facepalm:

But the attachmet of segment 1 to segment 2, minus a washer, was done really well! :grin:

First pic is what it's suppos'ta look like and the second pic is what mine looks like!

Llama Logo 050.jpg

Llama Logo 052.jpg

Last edited:
So...

I traced out the washer onto the extra card stock that came with the kit and created my own Spacely Space Cogs.

The teeth were all bent up so the cogs will fit snuggly into the nose cone segments.

Llama Logo 045.jpg

Llama Logo 053.jpg

Llama Logo 051.jpg

Last edited:
The first corrective action will be to glue in one of the Spacely Space cogs.

Llama Logo 054.jpg

Llama Logo 055.jpg

Then test fit the State of the Art Pemberton Technologies nose cone ballast.

Llama Logo 056.jpg

So...

I traced out the washer onto the extra card stock that came with the kit and created my own Spacely Space Cogs.

The teeth were all bent up so the cogs will fit snuggly into the nose cone segments.

Good solution!

Though, I think that's a sprocket, not a cog. :)

-Kevin

After the glue drys the second correction is to glue another Spacely Space Cog over the State of the Art Pemberton Technologies nose cone ballast.

Llama Logo 057.jpg

Attachments

• Llama Logo 056.jpg
    Llama Logo 056.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 29
This "washer sandwich" could actually work better then the original attachment. My flub may have turned out to be a blessing!

Llama Logo 060.jpg

This "washer sandwich" could actually work better then the original attachment. My flub may have turned out to be a blessing!

I was thinking the same thing. This method is very secure, and no relying on glue holding to a washer.

I suspect both will work, this has the benefit of being a long-term robust solution. Or, build per the instructions, then add the cog after -- the nose taper will keep it from shifting forward, and the cog will make sure it doesn't come backwards.

-Kevin

-Kevin

The next task in the destructions calls for the removel of the fin template from the sheet of card stock.

Llama Logo 049.jpg

Back