Llama Logo Reproductions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next the tabs need to be attached to the skins (see page 7, step 8).

I went above and beyond what the instructions call for by employing the double glue joint technique.

Llama Logo 030.jpg

The double glue joint will produce a very clean seam when done correctly.

I used a toothpick ( toothpicks in photo point to where glue was applied) to get glue out of the bottle and spread it around all of the tabs and the end edges of the the skins. The majority of the glue was wiped off with a finger tip(s), leaving a thin skin of glue on the tabs. The same was done to the inside ends of the skins. The parts were set aside to dry.

While doing this I always keep a damp cloth handi to wipe my fingers off with. This helps a great deal with keeping everything neat looking and keeping glue off places you don't want it to be!

Llama Logo 029.jpg

Last edited:
Water was splashed into the sink and a Q-tip was stuck into a puddle of water until it was soaked. Excess water was shaken out of the Q-tip, leaving it wet but not driping wet.

The wet Q-tip was dragged across half of the dried glue on the tab, reactivating the glue. The wet half of the tab was pressed into the dry glue on the end of the skin.

This double white glue method works just as fast as CA and gives a neater/cleaner stronger seam/joint.

Repeated for all tabs and skins.

If you wish to make a close inspection of this joint, you'll see that the wrinkled card stock normally associated with wet white glue and card stock is absent.

Llama Logo 031.jpg

Llama Logo 032.jpg

Last edited:
Wait, PemTech is offering a kit of the logo rocket? This looks really great, I've gotta visit here more often!

Wait, PemTech is offering a kit of the logo rocket? This looks really great, I've gotta visit here more often!
With Bc recommending it, I'd have to guess that it's a worth while kit. Hmm, this and a 3FNC would make a nice order.

Ah, I thought I knew what a double-glued joint was. Evidently, I didn't have the whole scoop. Learned something new and useful—soon to be employed.

Last edited:
To end up with a good looking rocket it's important to ensure that the curve of the skins and tabs mate really good. Double checking to be sure can't hurt.

Once the joint is made it will be difficult to tweek or adjust.

Llama Logo 033.jpg

Brady, I had a talk with the llamas about Layne. They promise he'll be a good boy from now on.

If the screaming bothers you, we'll get you some wads of llama spit to use as earplugs. :)

So, about that build, eh? Looking very good!

Brady, I had a talk with the llamas about Layne. They promise he'll be a good boy from now on.

If the screaming bothers you, we'll get you some wads of llama spit to use as earplugs. :)

Let him play with the Dalai Lama to keep him distracted!

Let him play with the Dalai Lama to keep him distracted!

When I chatted with the llamas, they mentioned something about "llama delight". Is that close enough?

-Kevin

PS: I haven't yet figured out why they told me I need to ship them a barrel of corn syrup, a half ton of alfalfa pellets, and a six foot tall ziploc baggie.... :confused2:

I've SEEN a llama fill a guy's ear. It wasn't a pretty sight:puke:
Remember, they chew their cud, like a cow. When they spit, it's not just "spit"!

*sounds of running back*

No, I refuse to be scared off or eaten by my own delivery staff.
Looks like there will be neutering in the near future.

I am the llama wrangler here..
I'm the God!
I'm THE GOD!!

Where are those dull scissors?

Uh, Layne, The llamas are revolting, and they found the scissors!

Be afraid, be very afrdsadvnkbSF:m (connection terminated.........)

OK. :grin:

Next the wet Q-tip is run down the dried glue along the end of the skin.

Llama Logo 035.jpg

Hey Layne, I am having a problem when navigating your site. The home page looks great, but when I clcik on "kits", the margin shrinks and displays only half the page.

The edge of the skin is started at an angle, line up the corners and push skin down into the tab.

Use your fingers to pinch up and down the seam....

Llama Logo 036.jpg

Hey Layne, I am having a problem when navigating your site. The home page looks great, but when I clcik on "kits", the margin shrinks and displays only half the page.

Dang it!
Yes, we are having that trouble with Foxfire. What browser are you using?
We are going to have to convert over to Wordpress soon because, as you can see, PHP is giving us fits.
The site is still navigable with the slider bars at the bottom of the page. Crude I admit, but it is better than nothing.

Let me know if you have any further issues and I'll do what I can to help out.

I've had this problem for years. The workaround is to use the inner scrollbars. Its clumsy but works.

EDIT: I use Firefox

Dood I am a friend of bradycros. And I 3FNC owner. And a big poster of 3FNC launch pics... does that get me 2? :)

CRENELATIONS.

Yeah, I know. I never heard it before either. But there it is in step 16, page 13.

I looked it up and sure 'nough, it's a bona fide word. One of them llamas is a smarty pants!

Llama Logo 043.jpg

CRENELATIONS.

Yeah, I know. I never heard it before either. But there it is in step 16, page 13.

I looked it up and sure 'nough, it's a bona fide word. One of them llamas is a smarty pants!

You give him too much credit. Layne got the word when he went to the ER after the llamas took a bite out of him. He probably still has the medical report that says, "patient presented with a crenelated laceration to the flesh, presumably resulting from the dentition of a large ungulate..." and and been looking for a chance to use the word ever since.

Either that or he really likes old castles and such.

Back