Llama Logo Reproductions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradycros

Reaction score
This just landed on my door step. Think I'll have a go at it!

Here's the package as received, the detailed and pre-colored card stock skins, 30 pages of instructions (yup, 30 pages :shock: see where finger is pointing) and the other necesary parts.

Llama Logo 001.jpg

Llama Logo 002.jpg

Llama Logo 003.jpg

Llama Logo 004.jpg

What are those?

I flew it with a B4-2 and a C6-3 and it flew well with both. Minor repairs needed after a hard landing. Both boosts were fairly straight.

What are those?

I flew it with a B4-2 and a C6-3 and it flew well with both. Minor repairs needed after a hard landing. Both boosts were fairly straight.

Thier card stock flying sausers. I could give you a link if you want it.

It's good to know it flys straight!

Taking Mr. Pemberton's sense of humor into consideration, I wonder if HELF is a typo or if it was done on purpose? Anyways, the intent and its location on the front page is clear enough! :wink:

Llama Logo.jpg

Last edited:
What the info in the picture below means to me is I should cut ON the black lines. The lines are so thin they are kinda hard to see on the colored parts.

Llama Logo 005.jpg

*cough*
Good eye.....
Dropped that goody in some of the Destructions just to see if anyone notices.

Can't wait to see the build!

The instructions offer good suggestions on several types of tools to use when cutting the card stock.

I'll be using my small square as a straight edge, small straight cut sissors, small curved cut sissors and an X-Acto knife with a brand spank'n new blade. A new blade will ensure a sharp/clean edge on the skin without any 'fuzzies' that would distract from the overall good looks of the finished rocket.

Llama Logo 007.jpg

After the skins are cut out a pressure ridge can be seen and felt on the backside. This ridge is caused by the cutting tool.

This ridge has gott'a go!

Llama Logo 008.jpg

Llama Logo 009.jpg

To get rid of the pressure ridge, the skin(s) were laid on a hardwood cutting board with the backside facing up.

The blunt end of the X-Acto handle was used to burnish and flaten down all the edges. Problem gone!

Llama Logo 010.jpg

I've notced the printing on these parts is of a very good quality. The details are excellent!

I don't know if everyone knows this, but if you place the curser on the photo and left click the mouse you can enlarge the photo. This can be done three times. The third time fills the screen and all the detail can really be seen. Give it a try!

Whoever Pem Tech selected to do the printing, he made a good choice!

Llama Logo 026.jpg

Llama Logo 025.jpg

Coming along very nice. I used a hobby cutting board. Does the hardwood work better?

Coming along very nice. I used a hobby cutting board. Does the hardwood work better?

Thanks.

I'm sure it's just a matter of using what you have available. Anything smooth and hard would do the same thing and work just fine.

Several different sizes of dowels were used to start getting a smooth curl into the skins.

Llama Logo 016.jpg

I've notced the printing on these parts is of a very good quality. The details are excellent!

I don't know if everyone knows this, but if you place the curser on the photo and left click the mouse you can enlarge the photo. This can be done three times. The third time fills the screen and all the detail can really be seen. Give it a try!

Whoever Pem Tech selected to do the printing, he made a good choice!

Thank you for the review and compliments. Yes, we were very pleased with the results. The red fins just POP!

After a skin has been slowly rolled around a few dowels to get the curve going the skin is tightly rolled up on itself, alternating the ends so that both ends get turns being rolled up on the inside. Do this several times or more if needed.

It seemes the ends are the hardest to bend into the proper curve without putting creases into the card stock.

It may look as if you've over curled the card stock after several tight roll ups, but it is much easier to manipulate (relax) the card stock back into the desired curve then forcing a curve into the ends. Forceing the ends will cause creases in the card stock.

This task is also addressed in the instructions.

Llama Logo 017.jpg

Llama Logo 018.jpg

Llama Logo 019.jpg

Llama Logo 020.jpg

The tabs for the skins need to have the same curve put into them. This aids greatly in getting a smoothly curved and finished looking seam line.

A Small dowel is used again.

You don't have to worry about creasing these because they will be hidden.

Llama Logo 021.jpg

Llama Logo 022.jpg

Llama Logo 023.jpg

Since the seams will not mate perfectly, the center of the tabs are colored the same as the surounding area. Now any part of the tab that peeks thru will not draw undue attention to itself.

Llama Logo 024.jpg

In the instructions Mr. Pemberton suggest all the white edges of the skins (from being cut out) be covered with a matching colored marker. That is a very good suggestion.

It just so happens I bought a pack of colored Sharpies a year ago on a whim, so I'm good to go!

You can see the difference the markers make in the before and after photos below. Good color match too!

Now would be a good time to use that photo enlarging option for a close look.

Llama Logo 012.jpg

Llama Logo 015.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good here—an interesting build. Looking forward to seeing some gluing action.

The skins and tabs for the lower portion of the rocket are cut and curled in the same manner as the upper portion.

Llama Logo 027.jpg

Back