West, TX

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooks

Reaction score
Been a week now, and figured this was a good outlet for what went through this past week...

As most that know me know, I am a Paramedic and former firefighter, I work 15 minutes from West, and have worked with most of the men that were lost many times...

I was at home at the time of the explosion, about 50 miles away, we heard it and felt it, then my phone went nuts.

First I was asked to be there ASAP, 10 mines later while I was breaking just a few traffic laws, was told to stand by!

That was the kick in the 'knee', had too many responders and not enough equipment, but more than enough to do the job, being told to not come is what drove me NUTS!!

Anyway, it has been a week or mourning, remembrance, and a celebrations of life.

My heart goes out to those familes that lost loved ones, including my good friend Bryce Reed that lost his brother Cyrus, and all of those that have been displaced.

Thanks for reading my post...

David

Having attended school in Waco, I used to go to West all the time to load up on Kolaches. I have a fondness for the town and it's people. I was saddened when I saw the news on TV. God bless the people of West.

I spent time in the Waco State School as a young orphan, and still have a fondness for the area. My prayers are with all of those affected by this tragedy. There are not enough words to describe the first responders that put their lives on the line for us every day. Some brave people lost their lives fighting the fire at the time of the blast, then more brave souls poured in to help again.

Back