Landed a job

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Well I finally found some work. A one year contract working for an aerospace company in Irvine, CA. They are finishing up my back ground checks, but the agency is having issues with my references returning calls, so I need to be proactive and make a few calls to these people have them call back the agency to confirm my work experience.

I also applied to Auto Club (AAA) today. If all goes well I'll get a second interview and then the job for a Help Desk position. Pretty basic job and more than likely I'll take a cut in pay, but it's a full time position with benefits and AAA is a good stable company to work for. Hopefully I'll hear something back next week, but right now I can work for the aerospace company and if I get a full time offer then I'll take it.

It weird how sometimes you look for work and you get nothing and then all of a sudden you are flooded with offers. Gotta love it!:)

Well I finally found some work. A one year contract working for an aerospace company in Irvine, CA. They are finishing up my back ground checks, but the agency is having issues with my references returning calls, so I need to be proactive and make a few calls to these people have them call back the agency to confirm my work experience.

I also applied to Auto Club (AAA) today. If all goes well I'll get a second interview and then the job for a Help Desk position. Pretty basic job and more than likely I'll take a cut in pay, but it's a full time position with benefits and AAA is a good stable company to work for. Hopefully I'll hear something back next week, but right now I can work for the aerospace company and if I get a full time offer then I'll take it.

It weird how sometimes you look for work and you get nothing and then all of a sudden you are flooded with offers. Gotta love it!:)

Bummer, Dan! No more Tahoe time! But, there is extra money for rockets! Congrats, baby-it's all good. I like your game plan.

(p.s.-no shaving in the car on the way to work...)

Congrats Dan, now send some of that good luck my way!

When at AAA, when someone calls and ask how far on the map is that? Say a couple of inches!:rofl:

Last edited:
Congrats and if you would please send some of that luck my way. :)

I was just reading over the contract on termination. Geez really makes me feel welcomed.

"6. Termination. Due to the nature of our industry and the services we provide to our customers, we cannot provide any assurance of your continued employment. The employment relationship between you and us hereunder may be terminated at any time at the will of either you or us, either before, on, or after your start date, without the need for the terminating party to give a specific reason or cause to the other party for the termination. You acknowledge that, as our employee performing work for our customer, your employment may be terminated when your work for our customer ends or at any earlier time at the discretion of our customer or us. In the event of termination on or after your start date, you will be entitled to receive wages earned through the time of termination, but we shall have no other obligation or liability to you other than the payment of such earned wages. In the event of termination before the your start date, we shall have no obligation or liability to you whatsoever."

Dan,

That is the norm here in VA as well. We are a "right-to-work" state, and as such the employee can be terminated at any time for no reason at all.

"The sky is blue today, you're fired."

On the positive side, in situations where I have had to be on the evil end of the layoff stick, the records were simply marked "terminated - no cause" to hopefully prevent any wrongful termination lawsuits.

Cold and impersonal, but that is the current state of business, where the corporate attorneys are doing everything they can to avoid any chance of a lawsuit.

Congratulations on the job anyhow!

G.D.

Anyway just got off the phone with one of past bosses/manager. Looked him up on Linked In ... told him the situation and asked him for a reference and he said he would give me one. I also spoke with a co-worker at the same place and he said he would give me one too. Got my ducks in a row. Just have to turn in the contact information to background check company so they can verify it and the job is mine. I'm gonna miss my free time.

I hope the full time position comes through...and I get called back for a second interview.:)

Congrads and best of luck. This was the story of my single life, when hunting for a woman I couldn't find one, but then out of the blue I'd find my self stringing along two or three at one time. The problem with this, and job offers, is not making the mistake of choosing the wrong one.

Just an quick update: I had a couple messages left on my voice mail. The onsite recruiter @ the aerospace company wants me to start work tomorrow if possible if not let her know when, so I emailed her back and said I could come Thursday @ 8:00 am. I had my phone on the charger and didn't check my messages until later this evening. (It seems they are moving forward without checking for additional references). At least this way I'll have tomorrow to get some things done and also I need to get a couple nice pull over collared shirts.

So I guess I won't be on here as much during the day, but will check in during the evening. I also just finished putting some fillets on my BT-70 scratch build so maybe I'll get the aft section primer tomorrow. Looks like the weekend and evenings I'll be building rockets. I think after I finish the GFORCE and this scratch build I'LL start on a kit. It will give me something to do for a couple hours when I get off work and it will relax me.

Anyway so that's what's going on....more ca$h for rockets and motors and of course my nitro RC stuff! YAY!!!!

Last edited:
Back